cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Agentry publish version production and development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm working on SAP workmanager with meter managment 6.3.1. I can't publish the application in SMP in development version.

Below our different step:

- create an application in SMP with standard application: com.sap.wm

- export this application

- import this application to create a new ZApplication: com.sap.zwm

- publish the standard appplication

com.sap.wm and com.sap.zwm are fine.

But com.sap.zwm is a production publish

So I change agentry.ini developmentServer to true. Import in eclispe, Publish as development in eclipse, zip and import in SMP  but it's not working .

In SMP Log I see the folowing error:

12:41:07 06/03/2016: Exception: 12:41:07 06/03/2016 : 0 (General), File system exception (The path could not be found, ), /build/ablack/AgSrvrel71064/src/com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry/Syclo/crossplatform/unix/FileSystemWatcher_Linux.cpp#415:FileSystemWatcher

Meanwhile I publish in production because I can't swith to developmentServer. But it's take a long time because I need reset my windows application to run the new version.

I try to create a new application in SMP and publish the zversion. but I have the same error. Could you give idea what I can check to find mistake,

For expert, what is exactly (and technicaly) the difference between development and production version? In development version reset of local application is necessary too? If not how the appplication run the good version?

Thank a lot for your clarification

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are intending to have an Agentry development version (note this is different than SMP server production vs development), you should not import using a zip file to your application id.

To create an Agentry development application

1) Create the Agentry application id in the cockpit

2) Unzip the out of the box deployment zip file to a temporary directory

3) Copy all the files except for the Application directory to the new application directory under your SMP server configuration

4) Edit the Agentry.ini to change developmentServer=False to True

5) In your Agentry Editor, import from the deployment zip file to create your application

6) From the editor, publish as development mode directly to the application directory under the SMP Server configuration folder

7) Restart the Agentry Application on your SMP server to pickup the publish the first time

😎 Verify the Backend configuration information appears

9) Set the urlPath for your application

10) Restart the Agentry Application on your SMP server to pickup the urlPath change

11) Verify you get the I am here! message if you go to the url https://{serverName}:8081/{urlPath}

12) From the editor, open the Agentry Test Environment view and attempt to connect to the url

--Bill

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you kevin, So I restart my deploiment at the begining but I have the following error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, 0000000038CC5594, 0, R, 0000000000000040, ), javaBE.cpp#325:JavaBackEnd::init in startup.log

When I publish my application, the backend tab stay blank.

;.    

I add the Agentry-v5.jar in folder Java in aplication zip and in the classpath in agentry.ini

I add too this .jar in C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.

When I try to connect to https://FQDN:8081/Z_SAPWM I have the following message: I'm here

Have you an idea to solve this issue?

Thank you

Carole

kevin_xu4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carole,

Normally if you can see the I am here message, it means the SAPWM agentry application is running.

So did you try to restart your SMP server again and check the backend setting?

There is another way is delete the old Agentry application in SMP Management cockpit.

Create a new agentry application, finish the authentication and save -> Restart the SMP server and check startup.log and event.log to make sure there is no error at all.

And then deploy the zip file again.

Let's see if there is any error generated in the event.log and startup.log.

If not, please check the backend page of the application.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Kevin Xu

SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I delete and recreate the application and I have the same issue. Backend tab is blank.

In log, I see that I have an issue around javaBE.ini. But I don't know because when I did the same application in the SMP Server of my customer, I have no issue.

I join event and startup log

Do you where and how I can check data in javaBE.ini?

Thank's for your help

Carole

kevin_xu4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carole,

I see your application is running perfect with production version and only failed with the development version, right?

If yes, I think your installed SMP server is the production version.

So you need to install a SMP environment with the development version and try again.

In addition, I think the KBAs 2330407 and 2308279 would be also helpful for you, please check it step by step.

Best Regards,

Kevin Xu

SAP Product Support

kevin_xu4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carole,

For the error "12:41:07 06/03/2016: Exception: 12:41:07 06/03/2016 : 0 (General), File system exception (The path could not be found, ), "

This error is stating that a path cannot be found ..\crossplatform. This is implying that when you created your Application zip file to be loaded in SMP 3.0 (Cockpit) the root directory for your file system is: SMP Directory/Server/Configuration/com.sap*.*.AppID where AppID is the name of your Agentry ID node that you created in the cockpit. This is your new root directory. If the problem is tied to missing folders based on the agentry.ini you used this means that the configuration/com.sap.*.*AppID does not have a direct relation with this crossplatform directory.

The best case would probably be redesign the agentry.ini or the production export file from an Agentry editor SMP 3.0 SDK 3.0 SP06 or higher then formalize a new application.zip with the corresponding crossplatform folder to also exist in the application.zip file.

In theory the application zip file should contain all the needed files and folders and ini that your mobile application needs. All SMP 3.0 cockpit does is it copies the content of your zip file in the new configuration/com.sap*.*AppID.  So if you do not have the missing crossplatform folder in it, then that may be your issue.

Best Regards,

Kevin Xu

SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest looking at in the section Installation overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, stephen.

But I just followed this blog for my installation and I don't see what it's wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once an application is made as a production version (by uploading a production application) it can not be changed to a development.  A new Application on the SMP server will need to be made.  And instead of publishing a production version right away, put a development version on it.