cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Unable to load GSS-API" in Configuring SAP Gui for using SNC using X509 Certificating

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configure AS ABAP to use X509 Certificate. After configuration server has no issue and is up and running.

But i am getting error when i am activating sap SNC in SAP Gui.

As per the error i have to setup  snc_lib at pc where sap gui is installed.

Detail of error :

With this error i have following concerns :

1. If I am using X509 Certicate what will be value of enviornment variable snc_lib.

2. according to error where i will get sncgss32.dil file.

3. According to other forum,  environment variable snc_lib shud contain the path of snc libraries . Where i will get those libraries.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanket,

it was a some time ago, that I configured SSO.

If I check help doku again, it looks like, you can use X509 only for Web based, clients (for example for SAPITS via https://).

All SAP GUI related Single Sign On you find here:

User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

Sorry, for the miscall.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanket,

if I remember correctly SAP GUI is not delivering the libraries.

You need to copy/publish also the libraries from your SAP server SNC package to the client and point the environment variable snc_lib to the folder.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reinstalled sap gui with sap client encryption . and set the environment  variable snc_lib to the file secgss.dll file which is available in encription folder

That error is solved..

Now i am getting error

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanket,

if I understood all correctly the SAP security client is the solution that needs to licensed and is using different libraries.

As you are using X509 certificates, you need to provide to the client the same libraries, that are generating the X509 certificates. There is a library sar package, that you needed to setup in ABAP the X509 certificates, if I recall correctly.

This sar package to unsar to a folder on the client PC and point the SNC_LIB to it.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau