Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Where is the binary data of this icon stored and retrieved from Application server?

Hello guys,

Today I observed one phenomenon and could not explain it per my knowledge.

I have one url which points to an icon in application server:

https://<host name>:44301/sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_corbu/common/libs/Icon/SuccessMessage.gif

I could successfully open it via chrome:

and after that I could see an entry in ICM server cache. Everything works perfectly.

Then I tried to check this icon in mime browser in SE80. To my surprise, the folder /sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes is empty.

However, the ICM cache shows that there is a subfolder called "sap_corbu" under "themes" folder. But why I cannot find it in mime browser?

Then I write a report to retrieve the binary data of icon via CL_HTTP_CLIENT, and clear the ICM buffer via tcode SMICM.

I expect this time some database table will be queried to load the content of the icon, since now the buffer is not available.

To my surprise again, in SAT no database table is involved.

So now I am confused: since I have already cleared the ICM server cache, where does the icon binary data come from when I run the report to access the icon?

Best regards,

Jerry

Tags:
replied

You can locate the individual theme files using the Knowledge Warehouse APIs. Basically every URL in the system is mapped to a LOIO which is mapped to a PHIO. In order to locate individual files you can have a look at database tables SMIMLOIO and SMIMPHIO. For further details see ABAP class CL_MIME_REPOSITORY_API. Themes do however have another level of complexity, you might want to have a look at theĀ  ICF handler for ICF node /sap/public/bc/ur which is ABAP class CLUR_MIME_HANDLER.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question