cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag&Drop in UIs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I know that in SAP GUI for Windows it is possible to drag&drop favorites. But as there are further UIs available (SAP GUI for HTML and JAVA and even Portal interfaces), I am wondering whether the drag&drop feature for favorites is available there too?

And is it additionally possible to drag&drop SAP-favorites in Browsers (e.g. Chrome, IE, Firefox etc.)? I was wondering whether or not when I'm using one the HTML-based browsers or even the Portal UI whether I can simply drag&drop a Transaction for example into my browsers Bookmarks?

I would really appreciate if someone had a comprehensive overview of the pros and cons or drawbacks of the individuell UI restrictions or enhancements.

Thanks a million in advance!

Mack Tillman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mack,

Yes, you can drag&drop favorites in SAPGUI for Java and SAPGUI for HTML just as you do in SAPGUI for Windows.  In the SAPGUI for HTML, it worked for me in both Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox 28.  In SAPGUI for Java it worked in 7.30 rev7.  The Portal is a bit different... in general, the Portal is drag-&-drop enabled, but the individual application within the Portal has to be configured to make use of this feature.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

Thanks for your reply and the answer to the first part. But I'm still wondering whether I can just add a bookmark to my "normal" IE or Firefox bookmarks that will practically start a SAP-transaction. Just like my favorites in the SAP UI.

What I mean is that I'm not logged on to a SAP environment via SAP GUI for Windows, HTML or Java but am in my regular Browser and by clicking on a specific bookmark would be able to start a SAP transaction from outside of the SAP environment.

I reckon that this would not be possible as normal browser bookmarks don't contain sufficient information needed to start the transaction calling up the specific client with the TC-code and so on, but I'm not that much of a techie to know whether or not its possible.

Would appreciate further help on this one.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mack

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, I'm not aware of a way to install a SAPGUI for Windows favorite or shortcut as a browser favorite.  You can setup a desktop icon that will launch an SAP transaction directly, but I think that's about as close as you can get with that.

A webgui shortcut, on the other hand, should be very possible.  The URL is going to look something like https://<server>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=<tcode>.  Save that as a favorite in the browser and the user should be able to navigate straight to the transaction, with a logon prompt in between, of course.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mack

I am not sure, but you can refer the link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2013/12/11/what-is-openui5-sapui5

Regards

Sriram