Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

NWBC Service Maps

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue I have with NWBC roles. Here is the scenaio, I am using one of the standard SAP roles SAP_SR_BUYER_5 as you can see this role has a top level folder called "Buyer" and it is marked to display as a Service Map:

When this role is displayed in the NWBC 4.0 PL11 (desktop) and I choose the Workcenter Overview I see this nice Service Map:

So far so good... but if I try to click on any of the links in the Service Map it appears to do nothing for a while and then I just get a blank page:

If I Right-Click on the canvas I can see that the page it is trying to call is /sap/bc/ui2/nwbc/?sap-language=EN&sap-theme=sap_corbu&sap-nwbc-node=app_window&sap-nwbc-object_id=4355

When I try to show the canvas in a standalone browser I get a JavaScript error:

But this may be misleading since it may be looking for the NWBC as the "opener".

Anyone have any suggestions? Seen the same thing?

Thanks,
Simon

replied

Just to update this thread. Today I upgraded to NWBC 4.0 PL12 for the desktop and also upgraded the NWBC runtime to patch 35 in the ABAP system. Since then this issue has been resolved. I am not sure which one fixed it, but I am guessing it was the backend upgrade to patch 35.

I hope this might help someone else in future.

Thanks,

Simon

2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question