cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL/TLS NW 7.30 Portal issue on XP SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an odd situation after upgrading our BW landcape to NW 7.30 SPS7.  When we tried SSO to the portals IE 8 browser error was "Internet Explorer cannot display the page.  We resolved this on WIN 7 desktop by activating TLS 1.2.  The XP Operating System does not have this as an option.  Is this an issue with SAPCRYPTOLIB 555 patch 34?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what's the IE version on Windows XP desktop? IE8 on Windows XP supports TLS 1.2 but sonly since some release (maybe SP3) . Also what error message do you get? The page cannot be displayed is a generic message that does not tell too much.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running XP Professional SP3 and TLS 1.2 is not there.  I have been looking for a way to install TLS 1.2 for XP.  There is nothing on Microsoft web site.  The browser version on both XP and Win 7 is IE 8 (Version 8.0.6001.18702; Cipher Strength 128-bit).  It's really odd as we can access NetWeaver 7.02 portals with XP using https://.  It is only NetWeaver 7.30 where we encounter this issue.  The only way we can use XP to connect to the NW 7.30 portal is using http:// protocol.

Cheers

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you seem to be right. XP does not support TLS 1.2. What's the error you get? Is it just TLS error that client and server can't agree on  cipher suite used for connection. It should be possible to allow TLS 1.0 in portal. I am really surprised that it's disabled. I would also try to contact SAP with this issue. SAP should still support Windows XP.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just finished rolling out Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit version's contingent on Business Unit requiremets.  Of couse a seperate entity in our organization is responsible for updating corporate desktops.  The corporate image for the desktop still had Internet Explorer 8 for the core browser.  I recently tested Windows 7 updates KB2592687 and KB2574819 which impacted IE 8 WEB GUI connection to NW 7.02 Enterprise Portals.  The only way I could restore browser sessions without removing the two KB's  required upgrading to IE 9 and activate TLS 1.1.  I also noted that TLS 1.2 wouldn't work on NW 7.02 Portal!  What really makes this confusing is that NW 7.30 Enterprise Portal requires TLS 1.2.  as long as I keep the two KB's installed requires changing my browser settings based upon which portal I am  connecting to.

Cheers,

Dan Mead