cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSBBS - Assignment Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing RRI from Sender to Reciever.Target has a variable on EX: ORDER.And the what i would like is when the user from the Sender query clicks on Order > Go to >reciever query can actually se all teh details without putting any additional values.

My concern here is in Assignement detail, do i need to give all types and if so why.Or do i need to just give type for the one i ould like the user to jump to. And in my case what should i be using Generic or InfoObject.I have read the link thats posted in reply to this question but still couldnt get an idea.Can someone please help, points shall surely be assigned.

Thanks,

Ronit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ronit,

I'll tell you the concept of RRI ok?

you have a report1(summary) and a detailed report2. Example In Report1 , you have custid, total purchase amount.(summary report)

In report2, you have detailed transactions(at line item level) for a given cust id. i.e; input to this detailed report will be the custid and the report will display all the transactionf for that cust id.

Now, the scenario is , from the summary report, all custids with total purchase amount will be displayed? When you right click one of the custid and jump to the detailed report, you should be able to see the detailed transactions for that custid.

Now lets see how it works.

Here sender is report1, receiver is report2. One of the conditions to link 2 reports using RSBBS is that both the sumary and the detailed level reports should have a comon characteristics to link. Here we custid in both reports.

So, In RSBBS, you mention sender as report1, receiver as report2 and in the other tab, you just mention what kind of report( i remember you may need to mention as BW report). I dont remember(plz. check).

Once this is done, run the summary report Report1, right click any of the custids you will see in the context menu-> drill down-> jump to report2.select that. now u will see detailed transactions for that selected custid.

Technically, how this works is: When you right click a custid and select to jump to the detailed report, that selected custid is passed as a parameter to teh SQL to the detailed report, hence the detailed report knows for which custid , it is supposed to display the data. This is a typical example of a dynamic query, where in the values of the parameter to the query is passed during runtime.

Got it??

Get back to me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The 'Sender' is the Summary report name.

'Receiver' is the target report name( not field!)

In the assignment, select the type of report.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the assignment, select the type of report.- What does this mean?

Also when i go into the assignment detail I am suppose to see the senders field, how do i relate to it.I have an order op detail report that i am trying to jump into order conf and op conf , when i go to op conf from Order Op Detail it works but if i go to Order Conf from Order OP detail i get 'Not applicable', it use to work before.Can you help please.

Former Member
0 Kudos