cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized on testing content repository connection

Former Member

Hi,

I am facing one problem while testing connection of repository created through TCode OAC0. Its giving error "HTTP error: 401 Unauthorized". Please if anyone has solution let me know.. Reward Points will be given...

Regards

Hardik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member

Also , worth checking CONTENTSERVER ( tcode SICF -- /default_host/sap/bc/ ) logon data.

We had the same issue ( HTTP error : 401 Unauthorized , while trying to create a document using tcode OAAD) and the problem appears to be with the contentserver service (tcode SICF) logon data user/password info being incorrect.

Regards,

Vimal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the ones who installed on unix?  There is no such domain privilege there.  We installed as root and are still facing the same error.

We are using MaxDB, but the installation is complicated to understand for the number of OS and DB users that MaxDB creates.  We use our sidcs account to install, but it ends up creating a sqd, and an sdb, and superdba, control, etc.   

1st of all, which user account should I provide in CSADMIN.  The <sid>cs account?

Thanks,

Juan

ralf_wahlen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hola juan carlos.

Sorry, for late question. But ist your error on unix/linux solved? I think yes, do you still remeber what the reason was on unix/linux. our landscape environment is the same, and the error 401 also. This is the second time that i faced the error on sles 10, now on sles 11 sp2 /maxDB 7.9. I upgraded the dev Maschine, from 6.40. tp 6.50!  faced the error 401, certificate error, on OS the pse is in security, chnging rights to 777 doesnt work ! Last time i recovered the 6.40!! Now, second try!!

Report RSCMSTH0, 

x-servertype: SAP HTTP Content Server bad 401

bad  INFO 2a    info for existing doc 2 - wrong signatur     52.277     15

RSCMSTH1,

check_subrc: subrc     1  instead          0

check_subrc: Komponente : data1.txt Fehlertext : No such file or directory

create(2): new doc (back end)                    error

docGet/create(1): copy document                   ok          120.920

info(1): existing doc                             ok           51.555

update(1): new comp                               ok           56.235

info(2): after update                             ok           52.703

delete(1): unknown doc                            ok           61.178

delete(2): unknown comp                           ok           52.318

delete(3): existing doc                           ok           54.539

delete(4): deleted doc                            ok           51.298

delete(5): existing doc                           ok           54.352

putCert:

check_subrc: subrc     1  instead          0

check_subrc: HTTP-Fehler: 401 Authorization Required  SsfVerify error: rc=25, unknown namespace id

putCert:                                         error

RSCMSTH2

check_subrc: subrc     0  instead          2

update: DOC_P[u] (5 x 1KB)                       error

Doesnt see my certificates in Tab of CSADMIN, there the auth. error comes up 401

HTTP-Fehler: 401 Authorization Required  SsfVerify error: rc=25, unknown namespace id

Meldungsnr. CMS025

Diagnose

Fehler beim Zugriff über HTTP

• 401 Authorization Required
  • SsfVerify error: rc=25, unknown namespace id

Greets Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key here is that you changed the CS revision level or updated the patch level which can make CS have trouble with the existing certificates.  See note 1800664 for instructions in deleting, resending, and reactivating your certificates.

ulda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great tip. Thank you!

aknirala
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I Anil Nirala

Want to know overtime confirmation.

anybody can help me.

Thankin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Certificate issue will also cause same situations like this.

Just select the content repository (Tcode: cdadmin) and go to certificate tab and check whether the correct certificate is assigned .

Regards,

Shanaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am also having this 401 problem and i noticed in the above thread that network rights on installation were needed.

"Most common reason I have encountered for this problem is authorizations on installation. You must have both network and local machine admin rights when installing content server software. If you don't, the installation will be successful but you encounter the 401 error. Try reinstalling with correct authorization and you should resolve the issue."

Do you know where these would be set? Is this done on the server or is it done in the network?

Thanks

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Just install the content server by using domain administrator account.

Once you get domain administrator details, there is no need of local administrator priviledges as domain administrator takes care of everything.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh Kodgule :

Could you explain why reinstalling using domain admin account can help? any mechanism behind the domain account that controls the HTTP 401 error?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GOOD NEWS!!

I have worked out the solution/found the root cause of the HTTP401 error!

The HTTP 401 error is reported by windows IIS service. The solution is to

assign a local administrator account on the server, as the anonymous user for the IIS services.

Then everything is solved!! I can store documents using CV01N now!

Edited by: Xin Wei on Sep 5, 2008 5:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone is still interested in more inputs on this question.

In OAC0 , when you go to CSADMIN , when you get the prompt , enter in this format : Windows NT domain/user name with which you installed the content server on the windows system and Password for the same user.

This should work , if you dont want to turn off the Security field in ContentServer.ini.

j_raymakers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have encoutered the same problem. After assigning a local admin user for authentication of ISS the problem was solved. Thanks to this blog. Many thanks guys!

Best regards,

Jacco Raymakers

0 Kudos

FYI

I also had to reset the IIS user's password in Windows user admin and adjust in IIS afterwards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik Gandhi :

enter the t-code OAC0, click the Admin button.

select Settings tab, setting the filed security as "0",

select Certificates tab, click the certificate button, then system may telling you enter the username and password of your dms server,

and then click the active button , save these settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most common reason I have encountered for this problem is authorizations on installation. You must have both network and local machine admin rights when installing content server software. If you don't, the installation will be successful but you encounter the 401 error. Try reinstalling with correct authorization and you should resolve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on the contentserver, you have to set the authorizations of the SAP Contentserver folder to EVERYONE FULL CONTROL. After this, you are no longer prompted for a user/pw in csadmin.... But if that fits your security rules is another question....

kind regards, Carl

patrick_bode
Explorer
0 Kudos

This hint worked fine for us! Thank you very much!

Best Regards from Hamburg

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. How did you get to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the content server, go to adminsecurity and set it to zero.

this is found in the contentserver.ini file in the content server directory.

Please reward if useful.

Regards,

Espen leknes

patrick_bode
Explorer
0 Kudos

yeah it was already set on "0"

antoher problem i think. every time when i click on "CS Admin" inside the repository (OAC0) i need a username and password ( <a href="http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1958/userzp2.jpg">click</a> ). i always use a system account who is local administrator and after that i can access the repository settings. <a href="http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1982/csinizi2.jpg">This is my CS.ini</a>. I set the security on "0" too but always the 401. Is there a need to open antoher port beside the default 1090? Because http is working on 80 and i know that every port must be opened for that server. Or do i need antoher user for that CS.

If you need other informations, just ask!

Thanks

Regards,

Patrick

patrick_bode
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i got the same problem. Someone got one solution for now?

many thanks

regards

Patrick