Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know why PRECALC did not process

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The image below is the screen in tcode RSPRECADMIN..I'm just wondering why sometimes PRECALC SERVER doesn't process (processes with DURATION of less than 10) the sending of report through EXCEL WORKBOOK? Even if I re-broadcast the report with the use of program RSRD_BROADCAST_BATCH, still having the same result..The only solution we have right now is to restart the PRECALC SERVICE..After which the PRECALC processes the workbook..This only happens in the 4th workbook being broadcasted everyday which is the INDUSTRIAL TRADE DAILY VOL..

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you..

Loed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, have you activated repair workbooks automatically in the settings ?

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

How can I do that? I mean, where will I do that repair thing?

Thank you.

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, you can find it in the Bex Global Settings. This flag resolved most of our precalc issues.

Furthermore you can check your precalc Installation with this Excel file.  http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/BEx+Front-End+Installation+Check

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the link..I think it was already done by the BASIS team when we first setup the PRECALC server..

Regarding the REPAIR thing, I will check it tomorrow if it is ticked in our workbooks..

I will give feedback tomorrow..

By the way, did you also encounter the same wherein the PRECALC did not process the workbook? Like 0 second or less than 10 seconds?

Thank you..

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I just checked that the REPAIR thing was not ticked in our workbooks..I will tick it and give feedback in case I encounter same situation..

Thank you..

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we had a similiar issue. If you still have problems go to RSPRECADMIN, press F6 and check the frontend log of precalc.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok mate, I will do it if problem still persists..

Since Monday what the BASIS team did is to schedule the PRECALC SERVICES to restart it everyday..

Thank you..

Loed