Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an Add-on SAP B1 SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am new to SDK in SAP B1.

I have developed a VB.net simple form without using screen painter and without DB connectivity for example. Then I create an exe file. Then using AddonReg....exe i create the ARD file. I put the ARD file in SAP B1 through Add-on registration. As soon i say install with the package. The form opens and after closing the form then sap b1 hangs...

I'm not sure with thge procedure.....Can anyone suggest me the procedure, if have vb.net form what should i do then after. do i also need to create a depolyment and setup for vb.net project.

And how can i see the vb.net form in SAP B1 menu.

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not sure how you created your vb program.

But you should do the following.

1) Connect (can either connect to the database through DI API, connect to SAP Client called UI API, if you want both you can use single sign on method)

2) Then have System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(), this is saying let my program run With the client.

What you must remember is that when you working with the SAP GUI, you need your app to run and then receive "events" from SAP and then perform an action. An event is like when you click on a button and so on.

So for the program you want to create you should be doing the following.

-Connect

-add menu to SAP menu.

- Have System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(),

-Then you should have menu event code to say when menu item clicked on open a form.

Hope this helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Use B1DE. This is a collection of wizards that integrates with Visual Studio .NET

and generates for you addons and setup code. You can get code in VB.NET or

C#.

You can download B1DE and other tools under Business One SDK Tools here

on SDN. It comes with source code and documentation.

Enjoy.