cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ressourcenmanagement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i created an user at the transaction "SU01"  and it has the right permissions for SAP PPM. I can create and edit projects.

If I search the user as a "Ressource" I can not find it in the list. For example I want to allocate the user to a role in SAP PPM.

If I am right, i need to create a business partner for this user, but i don't know how to do it. I didn't find anything

Do you know the right SAP NOTE or a document.

further information:

We don't use any integration with SAP ERP.

Thank you for your help

Yours sincerelly

Serkan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Serkan,

you are right. You need to create business partners in order to assign your user to your project, roles or tasks.

The transaction (TA) you need is TA BP.

Best yopu follow the documentation for PPM configuration which you can find according your release in the following SAP Notes:

1411953 PPM 5.0

1826389 PPM 6.0

2026421 PPM 6.1

The documentation has to parts - one for portfolio management and one for project management.

Mainly it will point you to TA SPRO - Cross-Application Components - SAP Business Partner.

The basic steps you need to do are:

• Define number ranges
  • Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

In TA BP you will create a business partner, get an BP ID (here the number ranges come in place), enter the details. the system will tell you if you miss something.

Important:

PPM needs the business partner with the role "employee". If you create a business partner initially it might be created as "General Business Partner". You have to switch than to "Employee" in order to create a resource for PPM usage.

Here is one screenshot. It might help.

With tab "Identification" you enter the user which you created in SU01. Also, if you use CATS for time recording, you need the reference to the personal number of the user. That is the same place to enter.

Hope it helps you a little. Reward if so.

BR

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

Answers (0)