Did you mean: 

C4C - Sales Quote Template Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have two sales quote template as below:

• Labeling in English Language
  • Labeling in Finnish Language

When I logon C4C using Finnish language, I'm expecting to preview the sales quote form in Finnish

However, I'm not able to view the sales quote form in Finnish, the labeling in the form is still using the English language.

Any configuration that I miss out?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Alviss

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like this is a bug, I tried the same thing(logged in finnish) and the English template comes up. But when you login in English and Change the Language to 'Finnish' in Sales Quote Language then the Finnish template comes

Regards,

Bejoy

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alvis,

Also want to add that this is true with all languages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy,

Thank you. It's seems that language variant in the form template maintenance is actually based on the document (sales quote) language instead of the log on language. By the way, what do you mean by : this is true with all languages?

Thanks,

Alviss

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alvis,

Yes the Language variant is based on the Sales Quote Language which user chooses in Quick Create, but when a user login in Finnish, the language defaulted is Finnish when you create a Sales Quote, so it should ideally determine the right template. I have raised an internal ticket to follow up with the dev colleagues, will get back to you.

I meant when you login with german or any other language also this issue is reproducible.

Regards,

Bejoy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about this subject, I want to customize a template but do not know how to put the customer name in the email when sent the Sales quote?

This is possible?

Thanks

Claudia

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alvis,

When you created the Sales Quote, can you check the Language it gets defaulted to?. I mean in Quick create once you enter Account, the Language might get defaulted to English. This will make the Template selection to English again, since the Template is selected based on the Language in the Quote creation screen.

Regards,

Bejoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy,

It's seems that the created sales quote language is defaulted to the Account language. When I logon with Finnish and trying to create a sales quote, before save the sales quote (quick create), sales quote language is defaulted to the logon language, in this case, my logon language is Finnish, but once I save the sales quote, it's defaulted to the account language (English-  account that i selected is English)

I'm not sure this is the standard behavior or not, but when i tried with another account which have the default language Finnish, sales quote that created using this account is also defaulted to the Finnish.

Thanks,

Alviss

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alvis,

yes the Language gets defaulted based on Account. This is the right behavior.

Regards,

Bejoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alviss,

We can configured the template based on language and for that you need to follow the below steps:

1) Go to Application and User Management.

2) Select Form Template Selection.

3) From the Rules dropdown select Sales Quote and click on GO button.

4) Click on New button and configured you template based on country.

As per my knowledge there is no option for set language dynamic but we can set template based on country.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

From your provided steps, it seems that we cannot configure based on the language. Actually, I have a requirement like below

• Country A (Finland) + language B (English)= Template X
  • Country A (Finland) + language C (Finnish) = Template Y

that is why, i'm thinking to make use of the language variant in the form template maintenance, but since the language variant is based on the document language, it's kind of troublesome if they have to select the document language first before preview/output/use it right? Believed that, they more prefer with the auto way.

any idea?

Thanks,

Alviss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alviss,

Just to add couple of points on the system behavior. System uses country and language combination to determine a form template.

1. Before choosing the language, system will first try to determine the country. This is done based on Sales Unit country (Of course Sales Unit is also automatically derived when Account is assigned).
  2. After country is chosen, as Bejoy mentioned, system uses Sales Quote document language to pick up a form template for that country. In case the language is not available for that country, then the default template is chosen for that country (normally English version).

Logon language is mostly not used to determine the form template. It's always the recipient's country and language. Only for few forms that I know (like Pick List form in ByD) uses logon language.

But in your case, to make it based on logon language, probably you can overwrite the language of Sales Quote document based on the user logon language using a simple SDK enhancement.

Best regards,

Hari