Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick leave quota for Students & Contractors

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I need your help in one of the requirements for accrual of sick leave for Students & Contractors. If Students & Contractors have worked more than 30 days in a calendar year, then accrual should start for them, but, there are no planned working hours to decide or assume when they will work. All this has to happen and calculate sick leave.

1. Employee must work more than 30 days within a calendar year

2. Accrual rate will be 1 hour for every 3 hours worked

3. Maximum carry over per year will be 24 hours

4. Accruals will happen on a weekly schedule based on the prior week’s approved timesheet

5. The accruals will be based on the most recent hire/rehire date.  When an employee leaves their sick leave will be zeroed out and restarted from the rehire date, not the original hire date.

Please let me know how to proceed on this.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth, 1. Employee must work more than 30 days within a calendar year? Assume that planned working days in a year is 30 days, calculate monthly, weekly and daily working hours and create IT0007 for this. Create work schedule rule with “0” days, another for 30 days and another for 50 days for substitution maintain with different validity periods as and when required. Work schedules need to be regenerated whenever there is change. 2. Accrual rate will be 1 hour for every 3 hours worked. Maintaining number of hours worked in IT 2002. 3. Maximum carry over per year will be 24 hours. Time Transfer Specs IT 2012 in time evaluation 4. Accruals will happen on a weekly schedule based on the prior week’s approved timesheet.it means, let us say, time sheet is approved in 2nd week for the third week and on first day of 4th week, sick leave should be make it available in IT 2006. 5. If an employee leave the company, system should query the most recent date between hire and rehire date using IT 0041. Thanks Babaiah

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any update on how to accrue quota of 1 hour for every 3 hours worked. And accrual should happen after only 30 days of work.

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already replied that if you will not pass his actual work hours then only possible to create an quota easily.

check me and tell me what's your approach now

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes we have to pass actual work to calculate quota.

I made changes to config and pcr and now it is calculating, but it is wrongly calculating (I know PCR is wrong). Can you help me on this and I have attached PCR for your reference.

Employee has worked till now 31 days and total hours worked 33 hours.

On 31 st day, he has worked for 1 hour and accrual should happen - 1 hour/3 hours = .333333

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Could not understand your pcr details. 1st you have to check that employee has worked 30days more or not. After that every 3hours worked he will get the 1hours quota and should not be more than 24hrs in a calender year. Considering that you are caturing his present and hours in IT2002.

So 1st we will check that employee has completed 30days works or not?

ZTST

OUTTPORGIN

COLOP *

E

COLOP *

P

HRS=1

ADDDB9000Z

COLOP *

Here 9000 is the time type where you will maintain 1 against period balance for this time type charateristic.

Insert this PCR with TIP and GEN after P2002 function in Schema.

ZTS1

HRS=M9000

HRS+D9000

HRS?30

COLOP *

>

OUTTPORGIN

COLOP *

P

COLOP *

HRS=PNUM

ADDDB9010Z

Maintain the same charateristics for Ttyp 9010 like 9000. Insert just after PCR ZTST with same function TIP and Par2 as GEN.

ZTS2

HRS=M9010

HRS+D9010

ADDDB9011Z

HRS?3

<

LEAVE

HRS=D 9011

HRS/3

ADDDB9012Z

Use this pcr before CUMBT function with ACTIO. If you would like to process this PCR on last day of time evaluation processing then use

IF                    EOM

ACTIO ZTS2

ENDIF

In the time quota type base entitlement use accrual period and Ttype 9012 will be use as day balance and in the generation rule use daily radio tab under accrual period tab.

Check and tell me. Hope so it will help.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

There is a small change in requirement for the quota accrual.

To check employee has worked more than 30 days after 1st July 2015 to start accrual.

a.      If yes, then check for whether employee has worked 30 hours. If not, wait for 30 hours to complete.

b.      And accordingly it has to add “1”Hour for every 30 hours worked .

e.g. if Employee has crossed 30 days as on from 1 st July, system has to check whether emp.  has greater than or equal to 30 hours, then accrual has to happen as per Payroll period (Biweekly). if not wait for 30 hours to complete.

c. When next time, time evaluation runs it should not check the hours for which accrual has already happened and it should check for next 30 hours, if yes accrual of quota, if not no accrual.

My issue is, it first checks for 30 days and checks whether 30 hours or more for first time accrual. But when next time, it runs again it includes hours from the beginning for quota calculation.

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I think it's better to open a new thread.

It's a long discussion and changing the old requirement. Close this thread and open a new one.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Sure.

Thread closed and opened a new one.

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How are you planning of checking the 30 days condition

If hourly work condition is into picture

Does even half an hour working consider 1 day count towards the 30 days

Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you can provide or ask users to quote some examples it will be very helpful.

With Regards

Aditya

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya/Sanskaran,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we are running time evaluation and planned hours is "0" always for Students & Contractors.

If employee enters time even if it is "5 min", it should consider as One Day and same continues and once they complete 30 days, accrual should start of 1 hour for every 3 hours worked and up to a max of 40 hours Sick Quota

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then its easy to do like in this system. But not able to understand about 1,3 & 40 hours concept.

let me explain how you will do.

in the it7 you will maintain specific wsr where dws is minimum 5mints.

then you will write the below pcr to count the,working days,.

ztst

varstorigin

leave

e

hrs=1

adddb1000z

here 1000 is the time type and its period balance & day balance should be 1.

now for second part of quota generation plz clarify my doubt on 1,3 & 30 hours.

insert this pcr in time schema after P2011 with PTIP function and par2 would be GEN.

check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankaran,

For every 3hours worked by Students & Contractors, 1hour of accrual should happen and quota should not exceed 40 hours for the employee.

We are not using IT2011.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which time schema are you using?

Is it TM04.

then use it2002 for attendance.

in the above pcr use p instead of e.

after that create a below pcr and say absence quota type is 10 and its hours.

Ztqt

hrs=m1000

hrs?30

leave

>

hrs=1

adddb2000z

use this pcr before cumbt function with actio function.

here 2000 is the time type which you will be using in base entitlement period balance field.

check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply.

We use Schema TQTA.

Below is the screenshot of IT0007 for Students & Contractors.

I have a doubt in the below rule mentioned. Can you please let me know why you mentioned hrs=m1000 & hrs?30

Ztqt

hrs=m1000

hrs?30

leave

>

hrs=1

adddb2000z

use this pcr before cumbt function with actio function.

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

This rule is the continuation of the 1st rule which i had replied early. Now currently you are using TQTA  that means it's a negative time managment so you can't go ahead with such scenario based on this time evaluation.

You can use the schema TM04 where you have to capture attendance then only you can achieve your requirement through custom rule.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply, sorry held up with other issues.

Here, I am creating a new schema copy of TM04 for students & contractors and setting IT0007 status to 01.

How should I calculate for every 3 hours worked 1 hour as accrual. And also should I need to change the daily work schedule to set min. hours as 5 min. Currently, there is no min. & max. hours mentioned.

This is the below rule to calculate work day. Is it correct?

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Time management status is not required to maintain as 1 where you can maintain as 7. Are you capturing that how many hours they are working during the month outside from SAP?

You have to pass the actual working hours to the system then we can able to generate the quota as per business rule.

Hope so you got it?

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply. We are not capturing actual hours outside from SAP. Students & Contractors enter time in CAT2, actual hours worked and transfer it to IT2002 through CAT6.

Now, we need to generate quota for every 3 hours they worked, 1 hour as accrual and specific to certain Personnel Area.

Srikanth

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

While trying to run time evaluation, I am getting this error. Can you please let me know what i have missed.

I have attached my config steps, can you please let me know if I have missed anything.

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Generation rule is missing for quota type 10 where ESG grouping is 1 and PSA grouping is 02.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

If you see my config screenshot attached, I have defined absence quota type as "04" for ESG 01 & PSG 02, but, somehow it is picking as "10".

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check in the base entitlement and quota generation through time evaluation note there you have made that grouping and it's present.

Due to this i think it's coming.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth ,

Quota type 00 does not exist in your configuration , Please check .

Regards

Siva

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Error no.83 issue resolved, as it was picking absence quota type 10 from the same group which was creating an issue and I deleted the entry and no more error.

But, I am having an another issue. For students and contractors planned working hours is 0 and there is no fixed time for them to work. Only, if they work they enter time and now when I run time evaluation, its giving message "Note no. 00 Employee at work although OFF".

I can assume the message is because of planned hours is 0. Now, how do I run time evaluation and accrue hours.

Regards,

Srikanth

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you running time evaluation ?

if yes it's possible to calculate this scenario. Based on the esg and dummy planned working hour schedule.

Regards,

Sankarsan