cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori KPI Modeler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts in FIORI,

I need some help, because SCN and Google are not very helpful, still yet. We have a SAP HANA and a ERP on it. We allthough installed FIORI Smart Business. Our Basis configure SAP HANA, SAP WebDispatcher, SAP Frontend Server / SAP Backend  Server (same server) and FIORI Launchpad.

Now I want to start the KPI Modeler, but i doesn't work. I see only blank KPI Tiles (see picture above)

When I went to the FIORI Designer I got the failure:

When I start the KPI Modeler with the Link: https://xxxx:xxx/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ca_kpi/modeler/index.html I see the Modeler and can do the actions "Add KPI", "Add Report", "Manage Visualization" etc. - this part works fine.

My Problem: I want to create a KPI in the Launchpad with a KPI from my Calculation View. But as you can see in the screenshots above I can't do that. Any suggestion?

Regards Toni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear guys,

thanks a lot for your help. Now it works. Troubleshooting from Masa was helpful to find the right connection (https: xxx ) and the advise from Ravi with the role "sap.hdb.r.sb.core.roles::"

You need 2 SMART_BUSINESS_MODELER and 2 SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME. Once at KPI and once at r.sb.core.

Thanks a lot.

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Toni,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is resolved.

Thx,

Ravi

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

I am getting the same error. Can you please elaborate how to resolve it? I have assigned the 2 roles at the HANA DB Backend to the user:

SMART_BUSINESS_MODELER and SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME.

Still I am getting all the tiles failing to load.

Failed to load tile: Error (404, Not found) in OData response for GET "/sap/hba/r/sb/core/odata/modeler/SMART_BUSINESS.xsodata;o=HANA/Catalogs('HANA_CATALOG_MODELER')/Chips?

You have mentioned "You need 2 SMART_BUSINESS_MODELER and 2 SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME. Once at KPI and once at r.sb.core.",

Can you explain what do you mean by once at KPI, as I didnt get it. If possible, please share a screenshot of the role assignment.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

no Problem. Look for this:

Regards Toni

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Thank you for the response. As suggested,I have assigned the 4 roles to the user. But Still, I am getting the same error.

When I am running the service standalone,

http://<host>:<port>/sap/hba/r/sb/core/odata/modeler/SMART_BUSINESS.xsodata,

I am getting the error: The service cannot be reached.

Please note I am using Google Chrome in web security disabled mode, and Currently not testing on SAP Web Dispatcher.

What could be the reason for this? Please suggest.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

we have the same problem too, when we didn't configure the WebDispatcher. You still have to do. In our system we use the https://server.port/... The WebDispatcher routes the wright way, otherwise the systems can't talk too each other...

Regards Toni

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Can you please share how do the urls get generated for the access of the FIORI Apps from the web dispatcher?

Is there a single URL (application name appended after the URL) or more than one URL that is used?

Please share if you have examples of the Web Dispatcher URL's.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

because I didn't configure the WebDispatcher (my colleague from the basis did this), I have to ask him (if you want). Maybe you have to wait a bit.

First we have the URL you mentioned: http://host:port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ca_kpi/modeler/index.html

an now we have https://host:8888/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ca_kpi/modeler/index.html. The changes with the WebDispatcher are the secure http and the other port.

I only use this URL (and can do everything what I want in the launchpad - KPI, SD or HCM Apps), no other URL.

Let me know if you need further information.

Regards Toni

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

We have configured the web dispatcher using https, but still getting the same error. It seems the front end is unable to communicate to the HANA DB.

Can you please ask your BASIS guy what settings/urls are required for the Web Dispatcher?

Is there any document or scn link or help.sap link available, please let me know.

Once again, thank you for your prompt responses.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Thanks a lot for your help. We were able to get the web dispatcher working and infact we have configured few of the apps for receivables management. However, we are still getting cannot load tile error for few of the apps. I am sharing 2 screenshots with you, Please let me know if you have any idea. Thanks again

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

I'm not sure. It seems to be, that not all necessary services work. I'm sorry but I have no more information. Maybe it helps, you take a look at the democloud from SAP. You have to look for an business case, and then you get the credential and login to SAP. And then you have a lot of matieral e.g.:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0abff78-61c2-3110-049d-c4e761928...

We still have the same problems. Its a bit frustrating, because you have to study the whole internet and maybe you found something.

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

Forbidden error is due to missing authorizations. Please check you have assigned related roles for apps. If you can activate trace to XS engine you will see authorization errors.

Thanks,

Ravi

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In KPI Modeler we are getting "Error connecting to backend" - Webdispatcher not routing to HANA system. request if someone can share Web dispatcher key to-dos. thx in advance

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

You should give this Google Custom Search a try.  Much better than SCN Search and more narrowly focused than generic Google searches. 

Cheers, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika,

two Points. Please see the mentioned Troublshooting Guide (SAP FIORI LL11) from Masa about oData. It helps to see, if your application works.

Second. I think this part is more important, you have to add the right packages at tho routing file from WebDispatcher. I'm not the technical expert to configure it, but I know, that my technical colleague had done this. He made many entries in this file.

Regards Toni

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx Toni. Yes, we are looking for the WebDispatcher routing setting... but no luck as of now.

One Q : is HTTPS a must ??

Would HTTP not work in WebDispatcher redirection ?? i.e.

wdisp/system_2 = SID=SID2, EXTSRV=http//xxxx:xxxx, SRCSRV=*:*, SRCURL=/sap/hba/;/sap/hana/;/sap/hba/apps/kpi/;/sap/hba/apps/sfin/;sap/hba/r/sfin700/

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Yes HTTPS is a must. Please refer to the below entries which worked for me:

Regards,

Karan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some help with configure SSO to HANA XS.

so do i need to configure sso between Fiori and HANA XS? Can provide the link

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread.

Regards,

Nagesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Locking this Discussion against further hijacking/necromancy attempts.  If you don't understand why, please read the Rules of Engagement under the Getting Started link at the top right.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Toni/Ravi,

We were able to get most of the tiles loading by generating the time data profile in HANA Studio.

However, we are still getting Cannot load tile on Dunning Level Distribution.

We have configured Total Receivables Fiori Analytical App. We are getting the following error when we are running the drill downs for Total Receivables Top 10 Customers.

1. error: {code: "", message: {lang: "en-US", value: "Service exception: [2048] column store error"}}
  2. and

We are getting the below error when executing the query for TotalAccountsReceivableQuery in HANA Studio.

Could not execute 'select * from "_SYS_BIC"."sap.hba.r.sfin700/TotalAccountsReceivableQuery"' in 1.129 seconds .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [2620] executor: plan operation failed;currency/unit conversion error,Conversion( "NetDueIntvl1AmtInDspCrcy_E", "NetDueIntvl2AmtInDspCrcy_E", "NetDueIntvl4AmtInDspCrcy_E", "NetDueIntvl3AmtInDspCrcy_E", "TotalNotOvrdAmtInDspCrcy_E", "TotalOverdueAmtInDspCrcy_E" ), row 128: could not determine valid conversion rate for value(s) 17535, 0, 0, 0, 0, 17535 from unit 'EUR' to unit 'USD' on date 2015-04-10 00:00:00.0000000

Please suggest if you have any idea.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

I'not sure if I can help you. My aim is to get own KPI on own calculated views on Hana. But what I see, and how I interpret this - I'm with Ravi. You didn't have all rights at your HANA, so the "TotalAccountsReceivableQuery" couldn't fetch all data and conversions from you HANA DB. It seems, that you miss the one only sql statement "GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <YOUR_SCHEMA> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;" and the second one "GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <YOUR_SCHEMA> TO <USER_THAT_WILL_ACTIVATE_ANALYTIC_OBJECT>;"

Regards Toni

former_member194958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Did you find the solution? I have faced with the same issue.

I would appreciate you help!

Thank you in advancr.

Best regards,

Olga

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

Have you generated Time Data on HANA?

To run the Total Receivables app, make sure that Time Dimension is populated to the HANA system on date level. For more information, see the Generate Time Data topic in the SAP HANA Live for SAP Business Suite Administrator's Guide.

App Implementation: Total Receivables - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library    

Please check. This might resolve your issue.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Toni,

Please check to see if all of the below Hana Content is deployed.

1. SAP Analytics Foundation 1.0

2. SAP Smart business for ERP 1.0

3. KPI Modeler 1.0

4. SAP HANA Analytics for ERP 1.0

From the above error it looks like some smart business HANA content is missing , for missing authorizations you will see "403 forbidden" error when you access a catalog or tile, but please note that in your case SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_MODELER and SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME are still not enough, you would need to assign sap.hba.r.ecc.roles* roles based on the app implementation. You can take a look at the Fiori apps library to see related roles for your app.

You can check the below link to see Implementation and Configuration information. Please let me know if you need further help

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F0683')/W7

Thx,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I checked your link and the installed components at our HANA and Netweaver with our Basis. All points are still ok.

The link you mentioned are für specific apps. My simple idea is to model/create a new kpi based on a calculation view (like the course EA266 from the d-code in Berlin). I didn't finde the KPI Modeler in the library. The roles I mentioned (SAP_SMART***) are n HANA with Prefix "sap.hba.kpi.s.roles::".

I didn't find the missing link. Because when I try another one (eg: MyContacts) - it works. So my conclusion: Fiori works, WebDispatcher works and Gateway is correct.

Is there any specific installation from KPI Modeler? Can I do some checks if table entries are missing?

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Toni,

Since you have all the components installed, you can do a trace to see what is really missing ? Please launch your URL ->right click -> inspect element ->go to network and now refresh the page and login, you will see all the error and then you can cross check if they exists or not. Can you confirm if you have assigned sap.hba.apps.kpi.s.roles::SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_* roles ?

Please note that you have to bring up your KPI apps working so that you can proceed further

Thx,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Ravi,

I still did the trace again. I could'nt see what is missing. But maybe I'm too stupid to see. To many trees in the forrest. I attach the trace for you. I altough attach our installed components. Maybe you see the missing tile.

I can confim the roles in SAP HANA - see picture below.

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

here is picture 3 from the components (i think the major picture).

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Toni,

I can see that all required components installed , in fact you have installed everything

Please follow Masa's blog to troubleshoot the current OData call

Section 1 will show you the OData call , it is really useful

Thanks,

Ravi

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Usually we get the cross-eye icon if the user does not have enough authorization.

Try followings:

+ Clear the browser cache.

+ Check the authorization with the authorization trace ST01 in the frontend server.

You have another issue for http connection to HANA XS. Probably the Web Dispatcher is related. Please open new discussion for the http connection issue.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

thanks for your answer. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't help. We had no authentication problems (I have a HANA User with SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_MODELER and SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME. I Have a user in the Backend/Frontend with the role SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700). I still going trough the hole help.sap.com section from Fiori and do everything is mentioned (activate Services in SICF and /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE), but I don't find any failure. Is there a how to paper/blog, how to install the kpi modeler? I'm absolutly confused - there is no simplyfication still yet 😉

Maybe you have a How to paper for the WebDispatcher.

Regards Toni

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

Please take a look . I created Web Dispatcher section.

There is also detail examples in the RDS. Fiori Rapid Deployment Solution

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have faced a similar problem with analytical tles in the launchpad, where the content on the tile is faded out with 'cannot load tile' text at bottom of the tile. However, the application opens up after clicking.

any suggestion on this, please.

BR,

Manvitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manvitha,

i'm sorry, i don't have an idea. But it sounds strange. Maybe the webdispatcher isn't 100% correct.

When I open the launchpad I go to the ERP System (because there is the installation from FIORI Client), but the KPI Modeler works on our HANA system. So I have to do the login from HANA again. And still the login credentials are checked, i see the tiles, but nothing inside. I'm not sure if it helps you.

Anyway the how to guide from Masa helps, I think when you invoke the side (launchpad) you see the warnings and errors from the tiles, because every tile has its own odata, which you can test and i think you will see an detail error.

SAP Fiori LL11 - Consultants should know about OData troubleshooting

Regards Toni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manvitha,

Are you able to see the data after opening the application ? Inspect element option from the browser give more details about the error.

Hello,

Did you configure SSO to HANA XS ?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manvita,

no we didn't configure SSO still yet.

At the moment there is no problem, we have it to keep in mind, that we have two logins 🙂

Regards Toni

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Toni,

We are facing "Backend-connection-error" in KPI Modeler

Probably it's the Web Dispatcher related. Please suggest how/where to open new discussion for the http connection issue. -- or is it already under discussion in some thread.

thanks in adv

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

This is good place to start.  If the discussion leads elsewhere, we can move it then.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG