cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable at bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i had created a query at bex and created variable  and had kept mandatory and kept interval option and is ready for input settings i had done and kept that variable at filters characterstic restrictions i had tested at rsrt and it worked fine but when i am trying to create bo report in selection screen when i am refreshing it was striking me error problem in source system do i need to do any settings for that variable and variable is characterstic variable and it is  manual input/default value can anyone please tell me the solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sander

The two notes were not able to resolve my issue once i will check with my bo team sander now whatever new variable i am creating its hitting same error sander and if i am using already existing variable there is no issues

furqanbaig_mirza
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABEND error messages are from backend system, could you please check the system logs in BW for the details.

Please check the notes: 1611185 ,  1796160,

Thanks,

Shailu.

furqanbaig_mirza
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shailendar

yes we found the error it's related to some BW log files activation log, which was full, we increase the space, now its working fine.

Thanks

Furqan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had done test by creating another variable it is also hitting same error but if i am using the existing variable its working fine and after creating variable should i do any changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander

Thanks for your reply we are not using design studio  we are using web intelligence rich client and i had tried with rsrt its working fine i run the query at rsrt its working fine only the problem is from bo

actually i created a flow with dso and cube and i had done reporting on top of cube and i thought  variable is in $tmp and i created a package for it and had tried again but no resolution i had tried keeping all types of variable represents single value and several values and interval but what i tried all its working in rsrt but not in bo i kept selection 0employee in filters and created a variable of type characterstic processing by manual input/default value when trying to execute in bo web intelligence rich cient when i am selcting 0employee and doing refresh means i am getting this error 

ERROR BRAIN (629): Specify a value for variable

MSGV1:

ABEND BRAIN (670): An error occurred when getting data from the processor.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your additional input. Let me first summarize the information re. the BEx variable used in Web Intelligence over a BICS connection:

• Characteristic value variable;
  • Manual input/default value;
  • Mandatory;
  • Interval;
  • Ready for input.

I reviewed again the document Best Practices for Integrating SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW)... and I could find only one possible restriction re. the used variable. On slide 35 it says: "Support for manual entry of values" is not supported for Web Intelligence. Maybe you can judge if that's applicable in your case.

I searched for SAP Notes based on error message BRAIN (629) and found 2 possibly interesting SAP Notes:

Please review these SAP Notes and hopefully one is applicable for your situation. Otherwise I suggest to create an SAP Support message.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please tell me the solution to find out the above issue

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to help you with my replies of

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis

My object is standard and i tried in all ways keeping optional and  mandatory but its not working

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Still,

Are you use a zobject?, if yes, can you check how to create this object?, sounds like you have a mark access to datamaster with a bapi, you need change to estandar access.

If your object is stándar, try unmark mandatory.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Again i created variable with variable represents single value and its mandatory and kept ready for input and its characterstic variable and again i tried in bo its hitting an with same error

ERROR BRAIN (629): Specify a value for variable

MSGV1:

ABEND BRAIN (670): An error occurred when getting data from the processor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pani

Thanks for your reply it is characterstic variable processing by manual input and variable represents interval and bo directly connecting from bex and every thing is ok and according to my guess  the problem is with my variable only because if i take away that variable report is working i need any settings to be done for that variable as per my assumption i kept interval so that might not work i am thinking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you delete that variable and can you create another same variable and check. Some times it is weird behavior you will get. there is no restrictions for variables in BO i hope.

Thanks

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which BO front-end tool are you using to consume the BEx query?

It's important to know because the different BO front-end tools support different metadata and functionality. E.g. DesignStudio does not support "mandatory" variables according to the document(slide 32) which I shared yesterday with you.

Did you try to regenerate the BEx query using t/code RSRT?

Just to be sure, sometimes it helps.

Best regards,

Sander

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at document . Amongst others the BEx Query Elements are evaluated on supported meta data and functionality. E.g. on slide 34 of the presentation you can find an overview of the different variable presentations for the different BusinessObjects front-end tools.

Best regards,
Sander

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is the custom varaible if yes it should work if you created the BICS conection.

how you are getting the data form through BICS or universe connection.

you will get easely through BICS connection.

come out form the BO report then check it out

please share the scrren shot if you have.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Bex query to BO some variables are not supported , check either "Single Values" or "Multiple Single Values"  options available instead of interval.

Regards,

Seshu.P

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

check connection settings.
copy the error message and type it on google to get more exact or nearby solution explanations