cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Backup causing Database Freeze and Loss of Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently using HANA Developer Edition (64GB) launched via Amazon Web Services. Our database receives high volume of data constantly, and hundreds of rows are being inserted every second.

Lately, we have noticed that HANA generates a huge amount of log backup. This caused the volume, on which both HANA data is stored and the log backup is kept, to become full, and when that happens, HANA fully consumes all its 8 CPUs freezes up and refuses to do anything. I had to delete all the log backup for HANA to continue to run.

On a few occasions, the same thing happened, but this time we had to restart the database, and the indexserver would fail to get back up, prompting us to recover the database from a backup and causing us to lose part of our data.

How do we remedy this problem of log backup causing the database to freeze and us to lose data?

Feel free to let me know what extra information you need to help and I will try to furnish, as far as possible.

Thank you, look forward to hearing from you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chadin,

Is this related to our other question posted here as

If yes, we suggest you to follow-up on the other question first.By the way, SAP HANA Dev Edition is for non-productive and non-commerical use and it is certainly not for commerical and productive use.

Thanks,

Swapan