cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Live Authorization Assistant Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anyone knows if the AAA component for HANA Live Authorization can be customized?

I'm looking to change the package structure that reads when one wants to generate the Roles based on the views and users from ECC. At this point it seems to read the package structure where HANA Live is installed but as a requirement in our project we don't want to expose all the hana live views and some of them we are going to extend them with more data. So, that means we are creating a different package structure where the business users will access to consume query views.

Any thoughts??

cheers.

Christian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can extend AAA Tool Metadata, For that you need AAA Tool Developer Role

Check the below link:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_hba/helpdata/en/09/6bb051112ddf0de10000000a441470/content.htm?frameset=...

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vivek for the answer. I revised that but it doesn't meet our requirements. At least I can't see where in the metadata I could define the package structure to select the view I want to create the Role from.

Do you have any idea where this might be configure?

Cheers.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

This tool is View Dependent.

We create the Metadata for a View, so it depends on which package you have created the View.

PFA Screenchot.

As per your requirement, create the extended views inside a package(say extpackage)

Create all the Views here in package extpackage.

Create Metadata for the Views present in this package

So all your Roles can be created from this package

Grant access only to this package to the user.

Regards,

Vivek

jazcruz
0 Kudos

Hi Bhoj,

We have installed Authorization Live assistant and are trying to add Analytics Metadata for a View but we are not able to view Analytics Metadata in view Properties (as your image)

Could you please guide me?

Regards

Jaz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have a question in the same context as this post. What if I create a SAP HANA view on my own which is not a part of the SAP HANA Live view, can I still use the SAP HANA Live Authorization Assistant to apply security based on that users PFCG authorizations ?

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Vivek,

I modified the metadata on a custom view and then the package structure that contains the view showed up in the AAA screen when generating the roles.

Thank you for the support.

Cheers.

Christian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem.

I cannot see my custom package where my custom view is stored when I try to Generate Analytic Privileges on AAA tool.

How did you modified the metadata on the custom view please.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Amir