cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the Sybase ASE 15.7 client downloads for 64bit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have spend a lot of time finding the latest and greatest downloads of the Sybase ASE 15.7 Client for 64bit. The one I could find (Refresh version (Which version is this anyway?)). But i need also the EBF/SP 's

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

The central location for all SAP downloads is in Service Market Place.   Specifically, the SAP Support Portal.   Once there, you will need to traverse the menu options as appropriate.  For example, since Arthur Kirchner is just looking for the SDK and not the PC client, he should navigate:

Intallations and Upgrages (left hand side) --> A-Z Index --> "S" --> SDK for ASE

Since Mr. Splinter is looking for ASE PC Client - which is shipped as part of the ASE image, he needs to traverse:

Intallations and Upgrages (left hand side) --> A-Z Index --> "A" --> SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise

(note:  SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise link only has 15. & 16.0....for older versions use SY ASE under the same "A" menu)

....of course, both components are part of the ASE Express Edition or ASE Developers edition - I will ask one of the website managers to add a link to those downloads on the forum

former_member182259
Contributor
0 Kudos

....actually, my bad....I never even checked.   The links are already there for Mr Splinter and Mr Kirchner.   If they go to the forum Overview page and look at the left hand side, you should see:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Whereabouts in the ASE Developers Edition v16.0 download will I find the ASE Client that Mr Splinter asked for?  Can't find it.

Thanks

ryan_hansen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Go here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/oltp-db

In the middle should be a download section for ASE.

The SDK is included.

When installing you can run a custom install and just select the SDK / java.

To my knowledge there isn't a standalone developer edition SDK.

Regards,
Ryan

ryan_hansen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Posted the wrong answer to your wrong question,
but this is how you install ASE and SDK developer edition.

Regards,
Ryan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dawn_kim
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting with ASE 15.7 SP100 they pulled Sybase Central from PC-Client. Now with ASE 16.0 there is not PC-Client download. What you would do instead is get the  SAP SDK (SAP Software Developers Kit) for ASE.

If yoiu want the older version with Sybase Central you can look through the older or base install of ASE 15.7 and look for the PC-Client download. You can also do a search for 51025144, this was PC-Client from ASE 15.7 ESD#1. The client components are older though.

So after that I would suggest getting the more current SDK 15.7 SP126 and install it on top of the PC-Client.

If you don't need Sybase Central get the SDK 16.0 PL00 SP02 (note they pulled the oledb and put DBISQL (Interactive SQL) in 16.0 series)

Aslo please note that starting in the 15.5 series and above all the EBFs are complete install packages so no base is needed.

Thanks,

Dawn Kim

ryan_hansen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the downloads at SAP service market place.

SAP Service Marketplace - Home

Click SAP Support Portal (middle of the screen)

Click Software Downloads (grey top menu bar)

Click Support Packages and Patches (middle of the screen under A-Z index)

Select 'S'

Select 'SDK for SAP ASE'

This is the location for the latest downloads.

Older downloads can be found in 'SY Software Developer Kit'

I believe refresh is the PC Client that includes SDK and GUI tools for windows.

Go back to the A-Z letter screen.

Select 'Installation and Upgrades'

This can be found under 'A'

Click 'SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise'

Refresh is around SP100 I believe.

Not 100% on the exact version, but this is one of the last PC Client downloads as it is being EOL.

Sybase Central that came in PC Client is EOL.

DBISQL / interactive SQL is being moved to the SDK in 16.x.

Regards,

Ryan

arthurkirchner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you both for your fast answers,

Regards

Arthur

arthurkirchner
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to take the opportunity to say: I have spent too much time not finding downloads(I'd like to try out ASEOLEDB) and informations (a forum! Please check Sqlservercentral as a good example)  around here. Please become nicer to Developers.

ryan_hansen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Arthur,

I wouldn't suggest using OLEDB as it is EOL in SDK 16.x.

SyBooks Online

But this can be found in SDK 15.7.x in the SAP Service market place as well.

Regards,

Ryan