Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Path is not supported

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

During SAP upgrade from ECC 5.0 to EHP7 to prepare a sandbox system,at the end of Configuration phase i'm getting message as below:

You have decided to use the DVD export "BS2013" containing SAP_BASIS release 740 SP 2. Your calculated destination release will be on SP 5.

This upgrade path is not supported.

Please contact SAP Support.

As i understand Business Suite dvd containing SAP_BASIS SP 2 but on generation of stack file for the system with EHP7 stack prepared with SP5.Now i'm hanged here.

Please navigate me to proceed further.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Day Gaurav

I strongly suggest you to raise an OSS message with SAP and get this clarified.

SUM guide says that the upgrade from ERP 5.0 to ECC 6.0 EHP 7 is possible.

Regards

RB

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Greetings for the Day !!

Thanks for your suggestions.As i also searched on SAP Solution Browser

It's showing EHP7 functionality after selecting Source as SAP ERP 2004 & Target as SAP 6.0 EHP 7.So as per me also SUM supports up gradation from ECC 5.0 to EHP 7.

Let me raise a ticket with SAP for same.

Regards,

Gaurav Rana

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As per the SUM guide , you need to upgrade to ERP 6.0 EHP6 first then plan the upgrade to EHP7.

Look into the path carefully in the chart shared above.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for responding,I'm using solution manager 7.1 (Release 702) with SP 09 for SAP_BASIS Component.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please see SAP Notes 1843183 and 1563579 for supported Upgrade and Update paths.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

May i require to update SP level at Solution Manager end & regenerate the stack.xml for the upgrade of  this system again ?

As per this scenario i've to follow upgrade from the scratch up to the configuration phase again or do we've any other method to bypass this issue.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As per the SAP notes shared above as well as PAM , there is not direct upgrade path from ECC 5.0 to EHP7.

PAM link for reference

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=s%3DERP%25206.0%26o%3Dmost_viewed%257Cdesc%26st%3Dl%26r...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

What is the solution manager patch level ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Staggered Release of SAP NetWeaver 7.4

Please note that in order to ensure best possible support of our installed base and a timely delivery to our customers, SAP has decided to release the product in a staggered approach. Please see SAP Notes 1843183 and 1563579 for supported Upgrade and Update paths.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori