cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP by Design maximum of 2 decimal places

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to create a List Price with more than 2 decimals places in SAP by Design, I receive this error. "Enter a value that matches the unit USD and has a maximum of 2 decimal places". Is it possible to use more than 2 decimal places in SAP? If so, how is this issue corrected?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Rachelhsu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI

Customer not only want to have 4 decimal in sales order line item, their sales order need to sum up and have 4 decimal in USD and have invoice.

for example:

when sales order has total amount 200.04 in bydesign, customer need 200.0433 for invoice.

arunml
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

As discussed on chat, when you change the price unit to 1kg, the net value changes to 12.35 and not the gross price. Please mark this thread as answered.

Best Regards,
Arun

anishpatel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me if there is a way to do this for sourcing from purchasing contracts?

I have created a purchasing contract with the item's target value set as £1,234.56 for 100kg. Based on this working solution, I would expect a Purchase Order for 1kg of this product to generate a price for £12.35 (rounded up from £12.345).

However when I change the price unit to 1kg, the gross price does not change, it remains at £1234.56. I would appreciate your comments on a working solution for this scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kari,

We've run into this requirement a few times.

The working way to address this is to adjust your Pricing Quantity - so, for example:

If you had a Product that you wanted to price at $12.3456 per 1 each, you would set it up as $1234.56 per 100 each

This ends up calculating to an equivalent value, but allows entry of more detailed decimals places without encountering maximum decimal places limits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data type used for Price field is 'Amount' and it supports up to 6 decimal places. But this is limited to 2 display decimals for many currencies in the system.

You can check the display decimal used for each currency in "Business Configuration --> Open Activity List --> Currencies". Unfortunately, the display decimal is not editable in this activity. Not sure about the reason. Also I am not sure if this is editable before go live.

You can raise an "How to" incident in the system.

Best regards,

Hari

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Decimals used for each currency can be reviewed in currencies activity. However it is not possible to edit the settings due to fact that In By design, all currencies are predefined with the allowed number of decimal places according to ISO code list 4217.

Refer to below Wiki link for Details on ISO Code List 4217.

ISO 4217 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks,

Harshal Vakil