cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error(-50) while converting to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me out with this issue when I convert a particular customer's Account Balance window, it comes up with this error "Internal Error (-50) occured [131-183]"

IT HAPPENS ONLY TO A PARTICULAR BP (SUPPLIER). For all the other business partners, the error doesn't occur

There is definitely nothing wrong with the permissions, which I have checked already.

Any kind of advice is highly appreciated. Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rameez

As you are telling the error occur to particular BP, Please check the is there any default print layout has been set to the respective BP. Compare the Default Layout of other BP as well.

If you view Print preview for this BP is there any error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the default print layout. It is an account balance for a Customer BP. The layout is the same for all the other BPs too. I mean the print preview works, also there is no problem with the Ageing report for the same customer. Only when I export to PDF, EXCEL or EMAIL it comes up with this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rameez,

Change BP name is way to go. You may replace all those * to -, for example.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy Gordon,

We have got a huge volume of customer names to change which I can DTW it, but do you know the exact reason to justify the changes? So that I could tell my manager why I should change it, like is it an SAP naming rule, not to have wildcard character * as the BP name.

Many thanks for your reply,

Rameez

Former Member
0 Kudos

The * wildcard is a reserved character for SQL server database. It should be avoided in the first place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh I thought it might have been a patch level glitch in 9.0 PL06. Thank you for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have looked into these solutions but they would make sense if the problem applies to all the BPs, but in my case it is really strange that it occurs only to 1 particular BP and also just the PDF, EMAIL and EXCEL preview. Print preview seems to work.

Many thanks,

Rameez

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Try to  limit transactions by selecting check box "Display" and enter 25 transactions.

2. Make sure user have permission to export, email or excel under general authorization.

If same error appears, please check with local SAP partner or SAP support.

Tested in 8.81 PL 10 version, there is no such error while exporting.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I just spoke with our SAP Partner. They couldn't find it. They said it was a weird error. But I figured out the reason. Whenever the BP customer contains the character '*' in their CardName, then the error occurs. Is there a rule when the CardName contain the '*' symbol the in the PLD it returns an internal error (-50) ? because I couldn't find it occurring in any other print layout for the same business partner

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just tested in  8.81 PL10 and found following reason:

Case 1: When exporting customer account balance as PDF

Case 2 : When sending customer account balance through email with attachment.

Reason:

1. You have define path for attachment folder via 'Administration->System Initialization->General Settings->Path->Attachment Folder

2. same way for picture folder

3. User must have access permission two these folder

If above does not meet, error message will appear.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given full permissions to all the user for that Folder (attachments,picture)

I have defined the right path for the Attachment folder; also for picture folder

But the error still occurs for any BP with the name that contains *

For example: ACORD ** M304 **

The above customer balance couldn't be previewed in PDF, saved in EXCEL unless there is no asterix symbol in the card name.

The problem is there are thousands of records in a single DB and we have 8 DBs for branches. We are in process of consolidating all the DBs into ONE but in the meantime, on the short term I am not quite sure what to do.

The business told us the problem never occurred  the patch level upgrade. What do you suggest I should do?

* Change all the names [not a big deal] or

* create another layout [account balance]

But How should I design it in PLD? Will it have the same issue?

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two options to get that particular customer account balance:

1. Under financial reports--->Accounting--->G/L Accounts and Business Partners

2. You may create query to get detailed account balance for particular customer.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan