cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to get Work Manager 6.0 up and running in a stand alone Agentry server (the documentation describes only deploying to SMP)

I've downloaded/installed the Agentry Server 6.0 (local machine) and added the files from the Work Manager 6.0 deployment zip file. I have then changed the Agentry.ini and JavaBE.ini in line with my earlier 5.3 installation. As there doesn't seem to be an updated ABAP add-on for 6.0 I'm setting the application as SAP_WORK_MANAGER_53 in my JavaBE.ini

All looks good and the server starts up fine. The problem occurs when trying to connect a client to the server. I have tried the new Windows WPF client, the new Android client and the new iPad client (downloaded from the app store) I get the following:

Windows WPF client:

Server error:

Exception: 13:22:31 12/04/2013 : 3 (Agentry), DecryptPasswordError ("Key does not exist", , , ), ..\agentry\server.cpp#2

668:ARLoginExRequest::bitRestoreFrom

Client error:

Logging user into server

DecryptPasswordError

Server error - please contact your administrator (13)

Login request failed.

(Note: I am familiar with the old DecryptPasswordError from previous versions where you need to delete temp files from the client directory, this does not seem possible with the new WPF client to my knowledge)

IOS Client:

Server error:

Exception: 13:27:38 12/04/2013 : 159 (SSL Socket Error), SSL Socket Error (error:2006F067:BIO routines:BIO_read:connect

error, ), ..\Socket\openSSLsockets.cpp#896:OpenSSLstreamSocket::SSLStreamSocket::checkSSLerror

Client error:

SSL Invalid Chain

Communications error (14)

Android Client:

Server error

None

Client error:

SSL Hostname Invalid

Communications error(14)

Has anybody seen this or has anybody managed to get Work Manager 6.0 up and running on a standalone Agentry 6.0 server?

Thanks,

Gregor

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gregor,

I am also trying to install the new Work Manager 6.0. I am not sure if it works on the old Agentry Server.

What I've read from the Work Manager Installation guide, is that the Work Manager 6.0 can be executed in the Development Server that comes with the Agentry tollkit contained in the SMP 3.0.

I attach an image below with this information.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Emanuel,

I can't locate the Agentry Development Server within the SMP3.0 SDK directory, do you have it? Here's what I have in my Agentry Toolkit directory:

The Agentry server I am running I downloaded from SWDC, it's version 6.0 also so I thought it might work, optimistic I know!

You reminded me that the Agentry Test Environment tool is in that directory, I have installed that and now I have another different error message:

Certificate received is not found in the trusted list, nor can it be traced to a trusted root.

I'd be interested to know if you have managed to install the Dev server that comes bundled with the SDK.

Thanks,

Gregor

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gregor, I didn't find it too. It seems the Agentry Dev Server is missing from the SMP 3.0 SDK.
Let's try with the Agentry 6.1.3.10212 as Steve mentioned.

The instructions on how to import the WM 6.0 app in the Eclipse Workspace are explained in the WM 6.0 Installation Guide, in the section "3.1.1 Installing the SAP Work Manager Application".

Pay attention to the Results paragraph I attach below:

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

Are you generating your own SSL certificate for the AgentryServer.pfx?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

With SMP 3.0 I do not believe there is any more standalone Agentry server.  You will need to use the 6.1 server if that is what you are trying to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is correct.

Also, SMP 3.0 is only Ramp-up.
Work Manager 6 was released on SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1.

Stephen

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am able to deploy the WM 6.0 application in SMP 2.3. But I am getting the below error while doing a initial transmit.

Please let me know the resolution if anyone has come across the same.

GetNotificationsSteplet - Field EQUNR not a member of /SYCLO/PM_QMFE_STR

Thanks and Regards,

Naren

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Work  around  solution.

In /Syclo/configpanel -> Under client
globals changed “SYSTEM - > Component.Version – 604”  value to
605 . i.e changing value from 604 to 605.

Do more testing to confirm that it is not causing any further issues.

Thanks

Manju - SAP RIG  Mobility Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Since you got this working...

When I test the Work Manager 6.0 on the SMP 2.3 SP2 client it works, but when I test it on the SMP 2.3 SP3PL1 client it gives me this error:

Requesting Public Key from Server

Connect to server 'localhost', certificate is for 'Agentry Server (Generic)', so it is not valid

Connection failed

Ending transmission

I have tried creating my own authentification certificate but it gives me the same error (only a different name for 'Agentry Server (Generic)' - is this an error in the new client, or am I forgetting something?

Thanks!

Solved it by creating my certificate for localhost, but this seems a bit extensive for local developments? Cause standard the name is not localhost but my pc name, so every developer needs to generate his/her own certificate for testing! However, since it's working, no response required, thx!

Anshika
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know how you created the certificate for localhost and resolved it?

I have Work Manager6.0 on  SMP 2.3 SP03 PL01

I am getting the following error on ATE:

"Certificate received is not found in the trusted list, nor can it be traced to a trusted root"

I created the CA certificate using OpenSSL on the server. I then installed it as a trusted certicate on my local and copied it to the ATE folder with the name AgentryTrustedCertificates.sst.

A quick response will be highly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

Anshika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshika,

You need to generate the certificate in OpenSSL, but also double click the *.cert file and install it in your trusted root folder.

It is described in the documentation under:

topicCreating a Self-Signed Certificate Using OpenSSL

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01930.0233/doc/html/fre1383608304168...

Worked for me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vandousselaere, it worked for me too!

Arunachalam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor & Steve,

"SAP Mobile Platform 2.3 SP03 > Security 2.3 SP03 > Agentry Server Security" document talks about creating the authentication certificates.

Doc Link >> SyBooks Online

~ Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful Arun, thank you.

Arunachalam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to stand-alone Agentry Production Server v6.1.3.10212 (SMP 2.3 SP03 PL01)

Deployed SAP CRM Service Manager 4.0 app. I've tried connecting my client from iPad, Android & ATE. Facing the same SSL error explained above.

Did you got any resolution?

As mentioned by Gregor Brett Dec 4, 2013 5:23 PM, are you guys using your own SSL certificate?

~ Thanks in advance

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I think with this version of Agentry you need to create your own SSL cert from what I have read from the installation guide.

The guide mentions this file must be called AgentryServer.pfx and put in the root of the server directory.

I have no idea if a self signed certificate will work but I'm going to guess it won't. Here is the bit from the install "guide" that I am talking about:

This application requires an SSL Authentication certificate, which is not provided with the

application. This must be obtained prior to performing this procedure, as the certificate is a

resource needed for the final ZIP archive created for deployment to the SAP Mobile Platform

Runtime environment.

Hoping that someone with more knowledge can bring some clarity to this area!

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self signed certs will work, and I am checking with the documentation if there is a guide on how to create it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, forgot to point out for:

Exception: 13:22:31 12/04/2013 : 3 (Agentry), DecryptPasswordError ("Key does not exist", , , ), ..\agentry\server.cpp#2

668:ARLoginExRequest::bitRestoreFrom

Client error:

Logging user into server

DecryptPasswordError

Server error - please contact your administrator (13)

Login request failed.

The DecryptPasswordError means the Agentry Server was not able to decrypt the connection from the client normally this is because the client was connected to a different server and was still holding onto the encryption key for the other server.  DO a full clear of the client and test again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I don't see any files that I can delete and still have the WPF client run. I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software and the problem persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor,

The WPF clients save the client data information into a different folder then before.  Can you into the folder location "<Drive>:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Local\SAP AG"  Here you see folders that are called "Agentry Client {XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}" this is where the client data is saved.  You can remove the Agentry DB folder it will clear it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor,

WM 6.0 needs SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1(Agentry 6.1.3.10212), it will not work on Agentry 6.0.

Also there is a new Add-on needed it is no longer with the Work Manager installers.  Sorry I don't have the exact name of it atm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve,

So WM 6.0 cannot run on a standalone server? In my experience deploying to SMP 2.3 is slow and error prone (first install works great but good luck after that!)

It would be a great help if you can remember how to find the new add-on on SWDC.

I guess the best thing is to stick with WM 5.3 for a while then!

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find an entry in the PAM for WM6.0, is it appearing for anyone else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm downloading SDK 2.3 to install latest Agentry Dev server. I'll update this message with my results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WM 6.0 should be able to do Standalone server, as long at is the 6.1 server that is in the smp 2.3 sp03 pl1 Agentry server.

Also, the WPF client is not supported by Agentry until SMP 2.3 SP03.

In the WM 6 there is information how on to install the certificated needed for the new version of Agentry in SMP.

Hey man, what was the addon they needed for WM 6.  Thank you.

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The add-on is located on the download center under the following

Installations and Upgrades

---Browse our Download Catalog
------SAP Mobile Solutions

---------Mobile Add-On for SAP

------------MOBILE ADD-ON FOR ERP

---------------MOBILE ADD-ON FOR ERP 6.1