cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find error_cms.log?

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading from BI 4.0 SP06 to 4.1 SP01.  Unfortunately, it is not going so well.  I get the following error when I try to log into the CMC or BI Launchpad...

Account information not recognized: Could not reach CMS 'VUWI-BOBJ-1:6400'. The CMS on machine 'VUWI-BOBJ-1' was stopped due to a critical error. (FWM 20031)

When searching for details on the error ("FWM 20031") the Business Intelligence Suite Error Messages Explained document says...

The local CMS shut down due to a critical error. For more details, check the error_cms<port>.log file.

Anyone know in what directory I can find this file?

Thanks,

Noel

0 Kudos

On Windows the CMS error log file can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging\error_cms[cms port number].log

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

For ports related info assigned to CMS or other servers you can check event logs on windows server or in /var/logs on linux server.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on BO 4.1 SP2 Patch 3.

I am getting the below error:

Account information not recognized: Could not reach CMS . The CMS on machine was stopped due to a critical error. (FWM 20031)

When i check the error log (error_cms) it shows :

35101The root server reported an error Initialization Failure.

Kindly help me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Please, have a look in this SAP Note.

1706849  - FWB 00027 while installing SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise

Regards,

DK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We encountered a similar error on our BO server. We run on a linux environment with a Sybase database. On checking the logs from /var/log ,  our logsegment was full and thus unable to allocate space for object syslogs. So we dumped the DB and transactions, restarted the servers and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have the same error, and in the error_cms6400 file i found:

33007 failed to audit event. Reason: stream write operation failed.

what does that mean?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if connection to audit database is proper. You can check it in CMS --> Auditing.

Regards,

Ankit

atrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAP Information Platform Services 4.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine and getting the below error.

I have different Corp username and have local admin previlages on ETL102T-V virtual machine. Do I still need to add the virtual machine user to the databases I wish to connect via CMS.

CMS is unstable and will shut down immediately.
Reason: SAP BusinessObjects BI platform CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS
system database "ETL_CMS". Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'CORP\ETL102T-V$'. (FWB 00087)

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit;

Just to give a heads-up, check whether the Db connectivity is working properly. If possible create a new DSN connection to the CMS Db and check if it helps.

If issue is occurring immediately after install. Look into the install log and check for any error or inconsistent objects to occur.

I would insist that you raise your issue in a separate thread as the scenarios and product are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please mention the workflow followed (patch upgrade or full-build installation etc.) to obtain the error.

Please put all these details along with install logs and cms logs in a new thread.

atrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

System DSN to CMS Database is created already and works. Same goes with Audit Database. It's a full installation on a new virtual machine.

BuildVersion=14.1.2.1121.minibip_aurora41_sp_rel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if the password has some special characters such as $,

In BOXI3.1 we had an issue where cms didn't recognized the '$' sign in password and failed to install.

Once we removed the $ dollar from password and added other special character, it worked.

~Unmesh

atrivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well it seems that the virtual machine user needs to be added to the SQL Server login which we are currently using. After that was granted we are able to login with out any error.

Thanks again,

Amit

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We found the log file in [Install_Dir]\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging.

Thanks,

Noel

0 Kudos

Noel,

Have you been able to get to the error and fix it. I'm facing similar error.

Thanks

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We ended up going to 4.1 SP01 Patch 2 which has been working for us.

Noel