cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to Universe 4.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an existing and established B03.1 system and I have recently installed a BI4.0 system for evaluation/planning purposes on a new server.

We have also been looking at other products in the BI Suite such as SAP Lumira / SAP Visual Intelligence.

The BI4.0 system (SP06) appears to be working fine, I can connect to it through the web interface, client apps etc.

I have also installed SAP Lumira as a client app on my PC (v1.0.11). When I create a new SAP Lumira Document and choose Universe 4.x as a data source and enter the new system details I am presented with a list of Universes as expected. When I select one it takes about 10-15 minutes of pondering before producing an error:-

Could not load the selected universe.

Unable to connect to service WebiPlugin.WebiSession from server MY_NEW_SERVER:6400 via CMS

osca:iiop://MY_NEW_SERVER:6400;SI_SESSIONID=lotsofcharactersandstuff (FWM 01006)

The interesting part is that I can use a Universe 3.x data source connecting to our existing systems.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that error text "Unable to connect to service WebiPlugin.WebiSession from server" is searcheable at www.service.sap.com/notes

It's very similar to Note 1829832 - Visual Intelligence: Crystal Server not supported
with VI for Universe acquisition
   ... which could mean you're missing part of the WebIntelligence SDK plugin on this installation. (modify it, extend the install?)   Or your user is accessing via a server group that is missing some webi processes?

Other webi related notes seem to suggest that the maximum number of WPS sessions are occupied , or that you have an SIA node who's name is greated than 26 characters, or that the   WPSsetting  "Use the first available server" option needs to be checked.  Also, is the WebI Proc Server up and Enabled ok?

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the pointers. Nothing there seems to have helped. I'm going for a full reboot of the server to ensure nothing is wrong there. It is fairly low on memory, well below the recommended amount (just 2GB). Everything else seems to run ok albeit a little slowly - so perhaps this is pushing it over the limit and the error given is a red herring.

Best regards,

Dan

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry?  2Gb for a server?  i'd be amazed if it CAN reboot!

The minimum RAM is listed 16Gb and this isn't for effect. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well quite . It's holding up pretty well considering. It is just a test/evaluation environment so very, very little activity. It's also virtual so hopefully I can get some more memory added soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok worked out what the problem is. The server Firewall. I have it configured to allow access to TCP ports 6400-6410 and 8080 - I thought this was sufficient for BI - and it seems to be fine for all other BI Client tools. Does Lumira use something extra?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found this thread due to the same error.  I use Crystal Server 2013.  are you saying that Crystal Server is not a valid source of universes for Lumira?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a really old discussion, i suspect the product packaging options would have evolved since then.

please do take a look at the suggestion from Phil Gevaux below, and feel free to open your own thread describing what your problem is

regards,

H

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Densley,

I was facing the same problem with Lumira 1.13.

For me updating it to Lumira 1.15 worked and now i am able to connect with Universe 4.x .

Hope this may help you!

Regards

Mithilesh

0 Kudos

Daniel - I was getting the same error and just worked with SAP support to resolve.  My issue was different but I'm updating this in case someone else encounters what I did...

see note --> 2000494  - Lumira desktop gives error FWM 01006 when connecting to a Universe            

Essentially, my host file had the CMS name mapped, but the full qualified domain name was not in the host file on my desktop.  We also set the webi processing servers to a dedicated port that was open.

We got confused b/c we could reach out to the CMS and choose a universe just fine - but the error occurred when trying to pull the universe back in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me it was that the local Windows Firewall didn't add an exception when ports 6400-6410 were first used so I had to add a rule (Control Panel\Windows Firewall - Advanced Settings - Inbound Rules - TCP ports 6400 to 6410)