Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal/Vertical Scroll in Design Studio 1.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Design Studio 1.1 SP1,

I am using cross tab in the design studio to create a desktop application, I selected more number of columns in the cross tab, But in the cross tab i dont see horizontol/Vertical scroll bar in the layout.Please see the below attachments.

The data source is connected to a BW query with characteristics in the rows and key figures in the columns. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The scroll bar can be achieved with the help of CSS. See if this helps.

Please add the overflow : auto in the <Div> tag of the cross tab and that will provide you the scroll bar.

.sapzencrosstab-RenderSizeDiv {

overflow:auto;

}

you can try adding this in your css file or in the application.

Please find the screenshot for a similar scenario with multiple dimensions (characteristics) and still showing the scroll bar using overflow attribute.

Thanks

Suresh Venkatasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Bharath has mentioned , it is the way the cross tab is designed.

But a simple work around for this would be to increase the width of the cross tab(in the layout properties) , for example to 1000 or more depending on the amount of space your dimensions are taking . When you do this you can use the browsers scroll bar to scroll to the right of the screen and hence you should be able to scroll until the point you get to the measures.

(Keep in mind that '1000' is just an example, try playing with that number ).

Regards,

Raghav

bharathsap
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

This is as per design.

Horizontal and Vertical scroll bars are enabled only in reference to the measure/Keyfigure entries.

In your query definition I could see a lot of Dimension/Characteristic values and there are only 2 measure values.

The expected behavior here is a scroll bar should appear when the data set or result set is not fitting in the assigned crosstab space. And moreover Scroll bar will only appear if the atleast one of the measure values is made visible in the crosstab.

To put it short, in your example horizontal scrollbar will appear when you choose (not more thn) 4 dimensions as only 5 columns are visible. This will enable one of the measure values to be displayed and hence the horizontal scrollbar.

Reason for such a design:

Crosstab display could be misleading if the entire dimension selection is not made visible and hence no scrolling is possible for dimensions.

E.g If the sales is sliced based on Region, Country and City. And in the initial display if only City and sales information is visible, then this will not communicate the  entire information intended.

Note:

If you are not happy with this behavior or design, please raise a ticket explaining your scenario demanding the usage of more characteristics. We shall process this and respond to your request.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it still SAP's position that this is an appropriate design or functionality for this control?  A data window that does not provide the ability to move from left to right / right to left through ALL the data from the data source really has limited use.

Mel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath,

We want to provide the ability to go from Summary to Detail Report in Design Studio.

The Detail Report is pretty much all Dimensions and No Measures.

Are we still able to provide the horizontal scroll bar in this case ?

We are planning to go with Design Studio 1.3 which is planned to be GA by end of

May '14 or early June '14

Thanks,

Badri

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but this is at least surprising!

The whole crosstab should be considered a little table with the scroll-bar for the whole thing. Why would anybody want a scroll-bar on the Measures only? By the way, it is the same in the preview of the data in "Edit initial view".

I would be very much looking forward to seeing it fixed with 1.3 SP02 or 1.4 ..

0 Kudos

This is very frustrating ! Not sure why SAP is still standing by their faulty design?

Why does it have to be Black or White? Why not give a drop down option in design studio. Customers who are afraid of Misleading information  as stated above and want the Horizontal bar only on the Key figures (I bet there would be none) can chose the horizontal bar only on key figures.

On the other hand customers who want the horizontal bar on the entire page would chose the option Horizontal Bar on the the entire page. 

This is should be a choice of customers and not SAP forcing their faulty design on customers.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in release 1.4 the scroll is also possible for dimension area. please check in crosstab properties the property "Max width of header area", setting this to some number, a scroll will appear.

optinally, you can check my blog on

Karol

former_member220897
Participant
0 Kudos

Karol,

Scrollable Panel solution won't work nicely for a crosstab if we want to freeze column headers while scrolling vertically. And property "Maximum width of header area" won't work for a crosstab with Width=auto, as it should depend on the actual width, but this property is not scriptable. So still very frustrating.   

Thanks!

Andrey