cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Group header on each page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a main report and 1 sub report.In sub report i created a dummy group and checked repeat gh on each page to show headers in every page .

But some times if the summary values came in new page the headers are not showing.(when there is no detail section values and only  summary values).

How to resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

The solution in this thread is the only available workaround at the moment:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1102228

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I fallowed the steps in the 2nd approach of above thread but i am not getting the result.I applied all this process to my Brand wise sub report

Please find my report and just observe in the last page.

I purposefully made my report like this(too much width between sections) to test the scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Can you please help me to solve my issue.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Divya,

what is happening in the case of the last page is because of an orphaned Group Footer and Report Footer...i.e. there needs to be a Details record plus a Group Footer plus a Report Footer in order for the Group Header to show up.

please have a look at the attached report which addresses this particular case...what i've done:

1) added a new Details B section

2) Details B includes the Report Footer plus a copy of the Group Footer plus a copy of the Details A information

3) the report footer has been suppressed as it's only needed in details b

4) details A and the group footer are suppressed on the last record

5) details B shows up only on the last record

since the group footer and the report footer are combined with the final details record, this section will be kept together and also force the group header to show up.

cheers,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Thank for your help.

Unfortunately still my issue is not resolved.

In the 14th page of the modified report that you attached still there is a problem I mean the summary values are coming without the headers.

I need to display the headers whenever the summary values coming in new page starting.

Please help.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Divya,

you still have to follow the advice that Abhilash gave you before. my post was specifically for the orphaned report footer as per the issue you mentioned on the last page.

for example, in your report your group header 1b has to have all of the same content as group header 1a plus the details information, and it still needs to have a suppression formula.

WhilePrintingRecords;

Onfirstrecord or {database.field} <>

Previous({database.field})

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

The report i attached earlier was fallowed by Abhialsh approach to solve the issue.

But still i didn't got the result.

Please have a look my report i attached earlier and help

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I looked at the report you attached and realized that this is not the usual orphaned Group Header issue. Moreover the solution in the URL I posted won't work this report.

Anyway, please find attached the updated report. *I'm sorry, I'm not able to attach the report for some reason; I keedp getting an error*.

Please try the following steps on the report you attached 1st:

1) Remove the conditional suppression logic for the details section. Delete Group Header 1b section

2) Created a Fake Group using the formula:

whilereadingrecords;

""

3) Move this Fake Group to the Top of the Group List and suppresse Group Footer 1

4) Copy all the objects from Group Header 2 (which was the original Group Header before the Fake Group was inserted) and paste in Group Header 1. So we now have two copies of the same header

5) Create a formula with the code below and place it on Group Header 1:

WhilePrintingRecords;

stringvar brand_name := {StretchDayTot.brand_name};

"";

5) Go to Section Expert > Select Group Header 2 > Click the formula button beside Suppress and use this code:

WhilePrintingRecords;

stringvar brand_name;

brand_name = {StretchDayTot.brand_name}

So, Group Header 1 (The Fake Group) shows up on all pages whereas Group Header 2 shows up only when a new group starts anywhere on the page after the previous group.

Hope this helps.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I tried all the steps you mentioned but still i am not getting the result.Please see 9th and 11th pages

PFA

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I missed out one important thing.

Check 'Repeat Group Header' on each page option for the Fake Group. The option is set from the Group Expert.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I modified Now i am getting the headers for group footer summary fields.

But for report footer summary fields i am not getting the headers.How i can solve this.

Please help.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divya, please see the report that i posted to solve the single issue of the report footer.

Abhilash...very nice work as per usual.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamie!

Divya, we hope you're issues have been resolved?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhialsh and jamie,

My report contains 2 groups .I need to show this 2 group headers for Summaries in group footer and report footer.

So in this case what i have to do.Please suggest

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a new requirement? Has the issue/have the issues described in this thread been resolved?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abhialsh,

It is another report.The previous report issue was solved .

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Divya. Please close this thread and create a new discussion for the new issue.

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Could you check whether you have checked Group together option.