cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7: enrollment a blackberry device

0 Kudos

hi guys,

i have a problem while i try to enroll my blackberry device into Afaria server.

i think to set up the correct configuration in Afaria blackberry client, infact, when i try connect from menu, no error appear on blackberry screen (successful session at ....).

Unfortunatly, when i try Enroll option from menu, after insert enrollment code, in blackberry display occured a message: Enrollment failed: (HTTP status: 401).

Is there any ones that could help me about this issues?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check out the URL that your enrollment code points to.

Usually, BB traffic is routed over the BES, thus the regular DNS resolution for the first contact server of Afaria may have a different URL or even just an IP address. You need to reflect that in your setup. So when defining the Short URL code in the Afaria Admin, you have to set the URL from the networking perspective of your mobile device.

Oh, and does it work for other devices (or does your Afaria server work at all)?

0 Kudos

thank you Dirk for your reply.

If i understand your answer you suggest me to use ip afaria server address (in this moment, i'm not using relay server) insted "symbolic" name. I already try in this way, but error message (Enrollment failed: (HTTP status: 401)) still appear.

do you think i have to set some things in my BES server (may be in MDS option)?

do you never encountered this error before?

what is its meaning?

I tried to enroll iOS and Android devices and they work well, so seems it depend only for blackberry device.

thank you again for your suggest.

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, you will need to understand the network routing from your BB over the BES to Afaria. Because that determines the server settings in your Afaria client. At the moment, you do not seem to be able to reach the Afaria server from your client on the BB.

• Not sure, but could you try to point your Afaria client to the Afaria server directly? If that works, you know the short URL code is the issue.
  • Talk to the BES guys, they should explain you how the traffic from the Afaria client is to reach the Afaria server. And if there is a DNS resolution or if there are tools for the BB that let's you ping your Afaria Server.
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk, thank you for your help, today i do my first BB enroll.

Now when i enroll my bb in Afaria system, a Enrollment succesfull window appear.

Now i have only a little problem, i hope it is little: for all device enrolled into Afaria system, i ask to create an hardware and software inventory. Now, it seems that the .xlm file that are create into blackberry device, it contain some problems and it is not possible to merge information into Afaria system.

Infact in Afaria admin window/Server/Server Log we found this message: IMS0005: Inventory, client scan: An invalid xlm file was detected, filename: ....xlm, error:An error occured while parsing EntityName. Line 627, position 12.

Do you have any idea about this issue?

There is some thing that i could do to fix this problem?

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hmm, I do not have any clear indication what this might be. Plz check the support BB OS versions of your Afaria system and particularly the Afaria Client on the BB.

And if this does not turn out any obvious issues, I would turn to support.

0 Kudos

Hi Dirk, for your opinion, is it possible that my xlm's merge problem depend about my afaria version? I'm a beginner about this, but some times i see that some guys tell about afaria sp1 or sp2 and i don't know which version i'm using If i check into Afaria server i found that my Afaria release is: 7.00.6001.4, is it the last version? are there other release available?

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, you should at least know how you got hold of your installation. Is it a AWS Cloud image, an Afaria Appliance VM, did you install it yourself? Based on that you should be able to gain a basic idea if you are working on a 7.0 or SP1 or SP2.

But that will get you only the major version but you will not be able to tell what hotfixes have been applied to what component of Afaria. The way I understand our support guys, you will need to talk with support as they will need to determine the version of each component individually.

Answers (0)