cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why MBO Package deployed other than "default" domain not working in HWC app?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I MBO package developed for HWC application is deployed in a domain other than "default" in the SCC and run the application it is showing an error"Package is missing".

Why the package deployed in other than "default" domains not working?

Thanks

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

We ran into the same issue as well and had a hard time figuring it out.  The workflow app has trouble finding the MBO when you don't specify which domain it's in. You have to deploy the workflow app in the domain where the package (MBO) is located.  Here is the solution:

1) Deploy the MBO to your new domain (other than default) successfully.

2) Before you deploy the workflow to the SUP server, you need to specify which domain you would like to deploy to:

In the Unwired Workspace, open your workflow to the "Flow Design" screen and click on the "Properties" tab.  Next, click the "Authentication" tab and scroll down to the bottom.  Here you will see a field for "Unwired Server Domain".  Enter the domain you would like to deploy to. Now re-deploy the workflow.

This should solve your "Package not found" error.

Jerad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there,

Quick question for you: in looking forward to revising documentation in a future version (to try avoid similar situations going forward), where would you expect to see this recommendation in the doc set.

Would you mind providing your opinion? Please let me know:

- The version you are using

- If you looked at the docs to find the answer.

- Would you isolate to development documentation or administration or both (and why)

- The document title(s) you would look in

- A title of a topic that you feel gives high visibility (and why)

Cheers,

Annette

0 Kudos

Hey Annette,

We are using SUP 2.1.3.  We tried looking in the docs to find the answer to this question but ended up contacting SAP (Sybase) directly for an answer.  I'm not sure the solution is located anywhere in the Infobooks documentation.  I think this issue is important to both administrators (to troubleshoot) and developers (to understand the concept and avoid the issue altogether).

I could definitely see this being incorporated into the Administrator Workbook for Multitenancy setup (even though this documentation is faulty as well, because the Domain Administrator role is essentially useless at this point).  It's confusing because all workflows get deployed to the same folder on the SCC, but behind the scenes you have to specify the domain you want to deploy the worflow to.  I think a troubleshooting document for the "Package not found" error would also be a good place to look for an answer.

If we had separate workflow directories for each domain, then we would avoid this problem altogether.

Hope that helps.

Jerad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jerad. I'm seeing this as a pattern and think it absolutely needs to be addressed more prominently. I tend to agree that you would want to have a different domain other than default. From what I understand (in limited capacity) it is important for keeping admin authentication separate from your application users. In 2.2 we have introduced a Mobile Applications Life Cycle document and think that mentioning this in with the deployment docs there might increase the visibilty. Research shows that the Workbook is not referenced very often, so think between package deployment docs for developers, SCC online help and the new doc, we might get some traction.

Avoiding the issue altogether is what we're all after. Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to add comments to the documentation on Infocenter via Doc Comment Exchange (link is at bottom of the topic). We respond to all feedback we get.

Cheers,

Annette.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Annette,

When will SUP 2.2 version release? Where can we find the documents on it now?

-Midhun

pierosilve
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also interested on SUP 2.2... when will it be released?

thanks

Piero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today is the release-to-customer target. Both docs and product are available now. If you go to Infocenter, you can find the docs there.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Annette,

It is not available http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give it time. It is only 6.39 AM pacific time. It should be available later today. (Which may translate to tomorrow for you, depending on your time zone.)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh. Great. Thank you.

So for us(SAP Partners) from when we can purchase/upgrade it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That I can't answer I'm afraid. I'd imagine it would be soon. Do you have a sales rep you can contact?

pierosilve
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found docs about SUP 2.2 on infocenter but nothing about software download on SAP Market Place or Sybase Product Download Center...

And you, Midhun?

Thanks

Piero

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not yet reached in the Market place.

You can download it at

sybase.subscribenet.com

-Midhun

pierosilve
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Midhun,

but if I go to sybase.subscribenet.com I can donwload SUP 2.0 and 2.1: no 2.2 version!

I don't know why... I think I will contact SAP support to exclude any license issue.

Thanks

Piero