cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown host error for nwtrial.ondemand.com while deploying an application

rahul_aware
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am able to deploy the HelloWorld.war on the local server successfully. However, when I try to deploy it via Eclipse IDE by creating new server and selecting nwtrial.ondemand.com as the landspace host it gets into error saying invalid landscape host.

I also tried deploying via SAP NetWeaver Neo Console Client. It issued an error message saying "Unknown SAP NetWeaver Neo Host was provided". I am attaching the error screenshot.

I have set the proxy correct in both the above cases as per documentation.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harald_mueller
Participant
0 Kudos

Please check your proxy host and port carefully. Did you try this from a corporate network or public internet without the proxy configuration? I tried both and there are no issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have exactly the same error. Problem is that I cannot deploy from within Eclipse (proxy complains that no user/password has been provided) nor from the command line (same error as above).

I suppose the deployment process supports password protected proxies ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you configure the proxy settings in Eclipse?

Typically you should go to Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections.

Then select "Manual" for Active Provider.

Then configure the HTTP and HTTPS (but not SOCKS!) protocols by double clicking or hitting the Edit button. There in the dialog popup you can provide host, port, user and password for you proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This has been done indeed. See screenshot :

The socks check box cannot be unchecked btw...

This is the error I get when trying to deploy to the netweaver cloud :

As a test, I've tried the 'help' > 'check for updates' option a few times, and this works nicely : updates get installed without asking for proxy username/password.

Kind regards,

Wouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

I installed and configured Squid with basic authentication on my local system. Now I am able to reproduce your problem and I get the same errors. We will investigate the issue and we will try to release a fix soon.

Unfortunately, until then I cannot give you any useful workaround, except accessing the cloud via direct network connection or proxy without authentication.

Greetings,

Kaloyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

I have a patch for you. I have successfully tested it on the my local setup where I reproduced the problem.

Please, update your Eclipse IDE with the following steps:

1. Download the "common.utils.updatesite.zip" file from this link.
  2. In your Eclipse IDE go to Help > Install New Software...
  3. Hit the "Add..." button, then the "Archive..." button and browse the downloaded ZIP file.
  4. Then hit OK and follow the usual steps to update your IDE.

Let me know if this patch solves the problem for you.

Greetings,

Kaloyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaloyan,

Deployment from within eclipse works fine now. Thanks !

I assume deployment from the command-line tool will not work (yet), but I'm able to continue my exploration process now, so I'm happy

Best regards,

Wouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great to hear this!

Yes, this patch fixes only Eclipse. The next steps on our side is to test this fix thoroughly because it is in a critical component. There will be not enough time to officially deliver it with the next update before Christmas. So, most probably it will be delivered in January - we will announce this bugfix in the .

This means that you must not update your Eclipse with the next update before Christmas, because it will not contain the patch.

The patch you have applied may cause troubles when installing future updates of the Neo Eclipse Tools. If you face such issue then make sure you have uninstalled the patch before the update. You can do this with the following steps:

1. Go to Help > About Eclipse in your IDE.
  2. Hit the "Installation Details" button.
  3. Make sure you are in the "Installed Software" tab.
  4. Select the "Common Utilities for SAP NetWeaver Cloud" feature.
  5. Hit the "Uninstall..." button and follow the wizard.
Kartik2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i have a similar problem. I have created a hello world app and was able to test it locally. When i am trying to deploy it to the cloud, i am getting the folowing error.

I am connecting via proxy with authentication and i have provided valid credentials in network connections. A similar error appears when i click validate button for SAP NetWeaver cloud. ie. the path window-preferences-servers-SAP Netweaver Cloud-validate.

I have also installed the patch prvoded by you. Even then the error is the same. Please let me know what is to be done. Thank you.

Regards,

Kartik

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are upgrading the trial landscape today to bring beta features to trial as well - hence the landscape is down for a few hours! Please try again later!

Sorry for the inconveniences...

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just released the fix for this issue with the of the Eclipse Tools.

The Neo Console Client will be fixed with the next update - there are more integration efforts required there.

Answers (0)