cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Posting/Stock Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to transfer the goods between one storage location to another in same plant and both storage locations are in 2 different city.We use external transporter to move the goods.I need to have a shipment cost document so I can pay the freight cost to the transporter  .How I can achieve this functionality in SAP ? Can I do that with transfer posting ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to transfer goods from one storage location to another storage location in single plant. STO is possible in two plants. For that you need to create a seperate plant for one storage location in another city.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear kapil kumar, please read the information given in the links. it is for sure possible to use STOs for transfers from one storage location to another storage location in the same plant.

It is not necessary to create extra plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP resolved the issue. Field Name MEPO1211-RESLO_BEZ has length issue in our system,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ren, we have the same problem, can you explain how solved the problem

Thanks in advance.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just read what he wrote as last reply before you added your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto you still need help ?

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://www.architectsap.com/blog/sap/how-to-setup-stock-transport-order-between-two-storage-location...

Steps for doing stock transfer order:

1)      T-code ME21n: Create STO with document type UB and supplying plant receiving plant will be same. While creating STO we will get new filed issuing storage location at the right side of the item details where we can maintain issue storage location for shipping point determination

2)      T-code VL04: Create Delivery

3)      T-code VL02n: Post goods issue (PGI)

4)      T-code MIGO: Goods receipt

pleasese refere above blog which was written by me

Regards,

Gopala.s

Message was edited by: Venu Gopala KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I check all those links when I was doing my configuration and I used the PDF document for my configuration.

Gopal I read you blog few times when I was working on my configuration.

Bijay you can have 2 storage location in different city with in same plants.

I think our SAP system has some bug .After activating " the Activate Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations " configuration I still don't see any Issuing Storage Location in PO line item.I wrote SAP yesterday and waiting for their reply.Another issue under " Define Rule for Determination of Shipping Point " if I select Storage Location Shipping Point option I am getting shipping point determination error in PO and my defined Z delivery type is not defaulting but if I change to Plant specific type shipping point determination I am not getting and error and my Z delivery type is coming into PO.I am not sure why is that.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the instruction in the PDF on page 13 says:

In the Item Sub screen, scroll to the right and enter the Issuing Storage Location. Press Enter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me that field doesn't show up in item sub screen.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you certain  that you are using the correct document type UB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the copy of UB ..it's a Z document.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the reason for a Z document? What did you change  that you did not want to change in the UB document type?

is your item category still U? or is it blank?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When your both storage locations are in 2 different city, how can they in within same plant?

To capture freight cost to the transporter, go for following process:

As you have one one storage location in one plant in one city , so create another plant for another city and have that another city storage location.

Now do STO for plant to plant and use separate MM pricing procedure for STO ,capture freight cost for the transporter by having separate condition type in MM pricing procedure for STO

OR

Go for  STO for storage location to storage locationt and capture freight cost for the transporter in MIRO to a separate G/L account(Consult FICO consulant for passing a JV)

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in a STO process with SD delivery you can have a shipment and a shipment cost document (usually at the shipping plant)

From an SD point of view the shipping process for STOs is equal to a standard sales order.

if you area already used to this process, then you should not have any issue when using it in STO process too

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have the steps to design the STO process in same plant between 2 storage location ?

Thanks

Kawal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please search the forum and wikis, it was posted several times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen I searched the forum but not a clear answer

In my case issuing storage location field is not defaulting for the stock transfer order.I am not sure this is system bug or I need to activate some kind of BADI.I even changed the screen layout for stock transfer order and made issuing storage location field mandatory but still don't see in the stock transfer order.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the following document with a very good PDF documentation  and the discussion give a pretty complete picture

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5624

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1465775

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the item overview screen move to extreme right, you will find an icon .. square .. above the up and down arrow. if you move the mouse over it, you may be able to read configuration. click that. in the window that open click on ' Administrator' . Here you may check whether issuing storage location is checkmarked in hidden column.