cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same material different valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have different valuation for the same material?

For example i have 2 plants plant1 & plant2, whenever i will do GR for material M1@ plant1 stock would be valuated, and GR for material M1@ plant2 stock would be non-valuated.

Thanks,

Shams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Was reading through the post and would be glad if you guys could let me know the scenario/circumstances  under which you would valuate a material in  plant 1and not valuate it in plant 2.

wondering as to what could  be the scenario ?

cheers !

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you needed not possible but can do it in otherway! Can post same material to two  different G/L account based on plant.

You can have two  different valuation grouping codes where you can post two  different G/L posting with respect to plant for same materiel & assign in OMWD t.code

Valuation area(plant)--------Valuation grouping code

Plant-1---------------------------1000

Plant-2---------------------------2000

Now do assign two  different G/L acount with respect to Valuation grouping code in OBYC t.code and do material posting by doing transactions

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bijay

mathewgeorge
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sameer,

By getting it through OMS2 (material type valuated differently for different plants) is the option you should be looking for.

Mathew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

As per Prabhu & Senthil ,

If I created PO for plant 2 by activate GR non valuated I need to assign a/c assignment then i need to enter cost center, in that case

will stock increase at plant2 after GR done?

Thanks,

Shams

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to use "GR non valuated" only with account assinged PO and @ MIGO, it will be consumed and not inventorized.. moreover with this option only GR is non valuated but after MIRO material will be valuated.

did you try creating material with plant 1 (with accounting view) and plant 2 ( without accounting view) ?

or

making the plant 2 as non valuated in OMS2 is best option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

if I extend the material without selecting A/c view @plant2, I think i cant post GR.

(if i have a/c data for same material @plant1)

Regards,

Shams

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want only Goods receipts to be non-valuated for plant2, then you can try GR non-valuated. But doing this will only make postpone the stock valuation until invoice receipt.

However, if you want all inventory postings to be non-valuated, then as suggested in this thread, you can remove the value update for the plant in Material type settings.

Split valuation is meant for different valuations within the same plant and is applicable only for moving average price control. Hence, I don't think that will solve your problem.

Regards

Prabhu

karen_tosat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shams,

have you considered the split valuation? A material that is subject to split valuation is one that is valuated at different prices. Instead of having a single valuation type, it has several.

Regards,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

- we can have three different prices for three different plants for the material.

option 1 - while extending the M1 to plant 2, dont extend it to account views.

option 2 - in OMS2, remove value update for the material type for plant 2. but this will impact all the movement not only GR

option 3 - while creating PO for plant 2, activate GR non valuated tab.