cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Credit in J2I8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where a capital item has been procured and excise part-II has been posted. Now the following month (current year) client wants to scrap the asset and hence the balance 50% (initially debited to capital on-hold account) needs to be taken in the current year itself. In J2I8, I did a transfer of credit and got a confirmation message - "Accounting document created & excise part-II posted, serial no. xxxxxx". But there is no update in J2I9 and the entry continues to appear in J2I8 everytime I run the transaction. So in other words, despite the confirmation message, there is no change in the system.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Ajit Bhandary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

J2I9 is cenvat register which will get updated next year for balance quantity of capital goods, so the settlement of J2I8 will appear in J2I9 in next year only.

Thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santu,

Thanks for your reply. But the issue here is that I did a "Transfer Credit" in J2I8 so that the debit entry could get reversed and show in J2I9 for current year. Besides, another problem here is that despite doing J2I8, the entry continues to appear.

Answers (0)