Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text truncated in UWL and SAP Business Workplace inbox

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on ECC6, EP7. We have an issue with the work item task description in the UWL we are bringing in an expression which contains a lot of text this text is shown in the workflow container but is not fully displayed in the UWL or SAP backend inbox. It is only displaying 79 characters and there are 206 characters.

If I check the workflow log in the backend at the task level the 79 characters are shown and if I click on this entry I can then view the whole text of 206 characters.

Does anyone know how I can get the full text to be displayed, as it is definitely in the workflow container?

Many thanks

Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

This is SAP standard according to SAP. They have advised on the followng notes:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the standard behavior of the SAP. UWL title should be limited in 80 charecters. If you want to increase the titile length then please check the following sap notes to fix the issue.

698087 User-defined mail title without length restriction

764068 RSWUWFMLEC: Subject field is too short

802827 ALM: Title extension of alerts

860075 E-mail reference limited to 50 characters

860291 Title of Incoming Emails not Longer than 50 Characters

Thanks and regards,

SNJY

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your prompt response but it is not an issue with the title but within the body of the task description text. We have included an expression that is a text value of 255 characters and this text although in the container of the workflow is not shown in the UWL or SAP inbox.

I have checked all the SAP notes you mention just in case they may be applicable and they do not apply to us as we are on basis 701 sp7.

Hope you can be of assistance.

Julie

Edited by: Julie Pickin on Jun 2, 2011 9:48 AM

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Alternate way is you can create 4 WF containers with char79 to hold all the 255 characters. Then split the data (206 characters or whatever the data that comes in runtime) and pass to these 4 WF containers. At task level, create 4 containers and give them at task decription level and do the binding.

Vinoth