Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDERS05 Error - There is no article description for item 000001 (VG205)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a error in a Inbound Orders05 scenerio . I am trying to create a Refusal Order with reference to a Delivery or a Invoice based ont eh document flow (for which i have used a Exit for determination)

Now the problem is my idoc Fails with the error : 'There is no article description for item 000001' !

This happens when i run it in background in WE19 ; when i run the same in Foreground in WE19 it never gives a error and gets posted successfully.

I am currently populating the segment

E1EDP01

POSEX

MENGE

MENEE

WERKS

LGORT

VSTEL

MATNR

MATNR_EXTERNAL

MATNR_GUID

and in segment

E1EDP02

QUALF

BELNR

and i am keeping the segment E1EDP19 as blank.

While searching on the forum i found some similar questions; i tried the solutions given in the previous threads but then in vain.

I tried populating hte segment E1EDP19 but then the error changed to " Field VBAP-MATNR (1) is not an input field ".

i also can not understand why is there a need to populate the item data when the VA01 transaction fetches values from the reference Document.

Please share some of the information on this .

regards

Raghu

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Can you please check by passing just the material number (not passing values for MATNR_EXTERNAL and MATNR_GUID) and see if there is a change in the message.

Regards,

Shyam

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually SAP searches for a material description based on the language entered as communication in the customer master .

I often saw cases that people had entered just the language that is spoken in hte country where the customer is, but this is not the intention of communication language. the communcation language is the common language in which you can talk with your customer andis understood from both.

A company often use only a few languages, and the description of materials is then only maintained in this few languages.

so if the material description is not maintained in the language used in customer master, then this could be a reason for the message you get.

Another option is that you do not provide the material number in the same format than SAP expects it. e.g. a numeric material number is 18 digits long. if your number is 123, then you have to add leading zeros.