cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different PPV gl account for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a business requirement so that on a Goods receipt the PPV account is posted to different GL account for the same material depending on the PO type. I check in standard configuration in the account assignment determination and in the PRD (Cost price differences) it not possible to determine account by PO type ( stock transport Vs standard PO).

Is there a way to achieve this requirement?

Regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link for how to have default a G/L account on a Purchase Order account assignment for an inventory item & how to post to a separate G/L account for inventory item by having GR posting

http://www.bluemarlinsys.com/ns/0603-03.asp

OR

you can have a thought of having different valuation grouping codes where you can have different G/L posting with respect to plant for same materiel

valuation grouping code........valuation area

0001......................................P001(plant-1)

0002----

P002(plant-2)

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju K,

The material is for the same plant, so we are looking to use a different PPV account depend of the associated PO for the material. If the material is on a Standard PO if should go a certain PPV gl account, if the material is on a Stock transport Order PO it should go to a different PPV gl account. The plant on both PO's is the same.

Therefore we cannot use your option no 2 to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Tim

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK. You cannot go for concept of valuation grouping code for plant as you have only one plant, If also two plants, you need so much designing work involved & then business owner decision on it.

You can utilize valuation classes( Valuation Class for Sales Order Stock or Valuation Class for Special Stock at the Vendor or Valuation Class for Project Stock) in the material master in accounting-1 view for your requirement and then assign in OBYC with your required G/L account.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

thanks for the information but this link realtes to posting for account transaction GBB but my issue is to drive account assignment for account transaction PRD

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot do this in account assignment. Did you check using substitution rules in FI?

Hope this helps,

Lakshman

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not clear.

If want different G/L posting with respect to plant for same material, you can use 2nd option of my above answer for having two

valuation grouping code for two plant(valuation area)

Valuation grouping code........valuation area

0001......................................P001(plant-1)

0002----

P002(plant-2)

If you want account transaction PRD to trigger,_you should assign a G/L account in OBYC_ & then you should use price control "S" or "V" in material master as per requirement to trigger PRD key.

Regards,

Biju K