cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In VF31 : Message no. VN108 : No messages for initial processing exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to process Bulk Printing of Invoices using T-Code: VF31.

After selecting the relevent Billing Document when I press execute, I am only getting those documents in the Print Spool which have been printed individually using T-Code VF02.

The documents that have never been printed are not showing in the spool.

If I try to carry out bulk printing using VF31 for only documents those have never been printed before, I get a message: No messages for initial processing exist : Message no. VN108

For instance I have Ten documents from 1 to 10 that I want to print using VF31. Out of these 10 documents say I have previously printed document number 5, 7 and 9 using VF02. Now when I process Bulk Printing for all the 10 documents, I will only get 5, 7 and 9 in the Spool.

On the other hand if I carry out Bulk Printing only for document number 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10, I get a message: No messages for initial processing exist : Message no. VN108

Kindly help,

Regards,

Prash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Try to check the troublesome documents in VF03 --> check whether output exists for them (Goto --> Header --> Output)

If no output exists then the system gives the error message properly.

2) Try to check the troublesome documents in VF02--> check whether output exists for them (Goto --> Header --> Output)

I assume the output will be generated in VF02, so you will see an output.

If this is the case you should find out why the output was not generated in VF01 for your invoices (check output determination, condition record, requirement routine, etc).

E.g. Does the accounting document exist for troublesome documents? What is the status of the invoice?

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Feb 8, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your replys,

I have tried implimenting all the suggestions, but unfortunately hav'nt been successfull.

I have had a look at the Note 1498679 too, but it is not giving me the solution.

Dear Lakshmipathi, would it be possible to explain me the a little bit about the note please. I was'nt completely able to understand it.

Rest I have tried changing the Processing Mode, Selection Sequence, but no success.

Kindly advise,

Regards,

Prash.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer note 960611 - FAQ: Output control in Sales and Distribution or else raise support ticket in SAP service market place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you have to set the processing mode as 2.

Rgds

Rheya

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prash,

Please try changing processing mode to 1 in VF31 and try.

Regards

Mayank

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Note 1498679 - KONS/KON6: Message is not selected

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, thanks for your replys;

I had already checked the output settings in VF02 for all the Billing Documents, the Output is properly configuered in all those documents, and also checked in NACE, the output type, the condition record, all of it is maintained properly just like it is maintained in the documents that have already been printed using VF02 and are sowing in the Print Spool.

When we look at the Output determination Procedure for Billing it has Requirement 62:

Here's the code for it:

FORM KOBED_062.
  SY-SUBRC = 4.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-UVALL CA ' C'.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-UVPRS CA ' C'.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-UVALS CA ' C'.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-RELIK EQ SPACE.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-RFBSK EQ 'C'.
  SY-SUBRC = 0.
ENDFORM.

FORM KOBEV_062.
  SY-SUBRC = 4.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-UVALL CA ' C'.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-UVPRS CA ' C'.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-UVALS CA ' C'.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-RELIK EQ SPACE.
  CHECK : KOMKBV3-RFBSK EQ 'C'.
  SY-SUBRC = 0.
ENDFORM. 

Accounting Documents have been posted for all the invoices.

Smartforms are assigned to Output types, basically there is no other difference, other than some Invoices have been printed individually using VF02 becasue there was a requirement to print them, where as others have not been printed, there is absolutely no other difference, same Billing Documents, same Output Types.

Please advise,

Regards,

Prash

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VF31,Try with selection sequence "First Read Billing documents" or else

If you want to print proforma invoice,requirement should be "0",

Since there is no accounting document is generated for it

there is no need to release billing document using VF02.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check output type is triggered in VF02 ? ,Check also condition record is maintained using VV31 ?

If it is triggered,Check output pricing procedure from VF02/VF03 drill down reqd output type,verify condition record is found.

If not check error message,Check output procedure in SPRO path

SD -->Basic function -->Output Control >Output Determination>Maintain o/p determination for billing documents

---> Maintain Output types

If print program is customized,check smart form is assigned to output type ?