Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License gone missing

cunninghamdavid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

In license Administration under components, it states that I have 30 pro licenses, with 0 available, however when I count them in the allocation, I have only used 28, and 0 are available.

It is also the same with some CRM licenses I have, it says I have 6, with 2 available under components yet in the allocation I have used 2 and only 2 are available.

Where could the other 2 have gone?

B1 2007 A pl:39

Regards

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This can happen if users are deleted when having a licence allocated, or maybe if you add another database / test company and the users are given a licence and the database is then removed.

To reset the licence please follow SAP note 951816:

Symptom

When trying to allocate licenses to users, the number of licenses available is less than the (number of total - number of licenses already assigned).

(Menu Path: Administration -> License -> License Administration)

Solution

A user with a license allocated to her/him has been deleted from the system without deallocating the license first, or a company with users assigned has been deleted without deallocating the licenses first.

Each time a license is allocated/deallocated an entry is generated in an xml file "B1Upf.xml"

(Path: C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\License\ B1Upf.xml).

If a user/database is deleted without previous deallocation of a license that entry is not removed from the file thus taking up a license space.

To resolve the issue follow these steps:

1. Close all SAP Business One clients.

2. Make a copy of the file (C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\License\B1Upf.xml) and save it with a different name or in a different folder.

3. Delete the original file.

4. Stop/Start the license server.

5. Connect to SAP Business One and assign the licenses (Administration -> License -> License Administration). You will need to reassign licenses for all your users.

Regards,

Adrian

cunninghamdavid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you to both of you.

After looking through the xml, it is clear that some users have a license asigned to them in the file, but not on the SAP, thus taking up a license.

I am not sure how this happened as the some of the users still exist on the system, maybe it is a crossover from the test system.

I will follow the steps given by Adrian when I get all the users off the system and I am confident this will rectify the problem.

Thanks again.

David

cunninghamdavid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update

The users were in a test system, and not listed as users in the live. I added the user to the live system using the same user code and then unticked the license in the admin. This has now freed up the license to use.

Thanks

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aiotis
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad Ayub,

Solution SAP Business One

(Path:%installed location%\ServerTools\License\ webapps\Lib\B1Upf.xml).

If a user/database is deleted without previous deallocation of a license that entry is not removed from the file thus taking up a license space.

To resolve the issue follow these steps:

1. Close all SAP Business One clients.

2. Make a copy of the file (Path:%installed location%\ServerTools\License\ webapps\Lib\B1Upf.xml) and save it with a different name or in a different folder.

3. Delete the original file.

4. Stop/Start the license server.

5. Connect to SAP Business One and assign the licenses (Administration -> License -> License Administration). You will need to reassign licenses for all your users.

Regards,

Zahid Mansoor

former_member731091
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are facing same problem in SAP Business One HANA 9.3 PL10.

can you please share us solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Check B1upf.xml under licensing server. All user codes are included in this file. Your problem may be related to deleted user with license assigned or one user used two licenses due to case sensitive user codes.

Thanks,

Gordon