cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Filter on attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am designing the BEx Query that requires the data to be filtered based on the attribute value of an infoobject - both are available in the BEx Query.

However when I apply the Filter on the same infoobject in the BEx Query, it does not return me any data as result.

Can you please let me know if there is a better way to filter Query Results based on attribute of a characteristic.

Regards,

Amogh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you want to use the attribute based on some filter you need to set it as as main object, so make it as a navigational attribute and then filter the values or variable.

Thanks

Ramesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto RSD1 > Infoobject Maintainence > Key in your Infoobject name & check the /BIC/M* table. Find all entries applicable for restriction. Make sure all the existing entries are same as that is visible at Info provider level. In BEx, if you are sure you are not going to make changes to query frequently, use Filters at Query level. Include all relevant entries you find applicable for your Characteristic Info object. As suggested in previous posts you need a Navigational Attribute for your Info object; if you want to capture Attribute data. Else, if you wish to create a filter at run time, use an input enabled Variable, which can capture Multiple Entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Amogh,

you should define your attribute as navigational attribute in your infocube, after that you will get this attribute in the query designer in dimensions column as characteristic_attribute, and you can do restrication on it as if it was a normal characteristic.

hope it helps;