cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete an old Development Component (DC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've a sca-package with Java-WebDynpro Code and try to deploy it, but unfortunately the deployment doesn't work.

Therefore we analysed the package and remarked, that two sda-components exist.

An DevelopmentComponent with our current sources and an older DC, but nobody knows wherefrom the older DC comes.

We wanted to delete this od component, but we can't delete it in any way.

A) We tried to open the DTR as WebDav and try to delete the folder, but only the error message "Unable to delete ..." appears.

It's only possible to delete the "ative"/"inactive"-folder, not the folder of the subtree.

B) If we import the configuration of the track in our NWDS, and create a DC of it, the component isn't shown, so we also can't delete it in our NWDS.

C) I didn't find a flag to delete it in the NWDI in the CBS, CMS or DTR-websiteu2026

D) Following the link /people/daniel.wirbser/blog/2005/07/27/how-to-delete-development-components-in-netweaver-java-development-infrastructure-jdi it's not possible to do Step 2, because the action for the folder is disabled.

This Dev component exists in each folder: dev/inactiv, cons/inactiv, dev/active und cons/active-Folder.

(You can see it in the NWDS in Perspective "Development Configuration", but it also isn't possible to delete)

I would be glad, if you have some more suggestions.

Kind regards,

Bettina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bettina,

Please have a look below document might helps

/people/david.beisert2/blog/2007/05/30/common-pitfalls-using-the-nwdi

Regards

Arun

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this is the solution. (This is explained in SAP Note #864515)

Problem 6:

Some DCs need to be deleted (most common thing here, the the vendor name was wrong. Does somebody know how to set a default vendor in the NW Studio ?). How can I get rid of them?

Solution:

This is explained in SAP Note #864515

The sum up: Sync the DCs. Go to the DTR perspective and choose the DCs in the Workspace -> inactive of your track. Then you do a "delete subtree "on the _comp directory under the DC. This activity will be immediately checked in. After that you must delete the corresponding myDc.dcref file in the SCs->TopLevelComps folder

Many thanks for the answers. Points are assigned.

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just wrote a blog to assist you.

[How To... Delete DC with the DC Command Line Tool|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19699] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Hope that helps.

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try below steps to remove the DC from DTR...This will asnswer your A point.

1.Open the NWDs and go to DTR prespective.

2.Select the DC that you want to delete->inactive->dcs->.dcref

3.Delete .dcdef and then delete Sc folders

4.Expland all the folders select the files and right click+delete.

5.It will ask you to checkout the files before deleting.

6.After click on delete check in the activity.

7.Finally go to DTR workspace(http://,hostname>:port/dtr and delete the entire folder strucutre.

8.Go to NWDS ->DTR prespective,Delete all individual files uder src folder by making an activity.

9.After check in all the files will be deleted

10.Go to DTR workspace remove the DC folder.

Delete DTR workspace folder:SapNote:855537

After removing the Dc from DTR workspace,delete the deployable object from SDM also.

We wanted to delete this od component, but we can't delete it in any way.

For B point:

Go to NWDS ->WD prespective-.rightclick on the project+delete include all.It will remove the sc from your local workspace.

For C point:

Deleting the DC from DTR will delete the content from DTR workspace.Nothing to do with CBS and CMS.

For D option:

Follw the steps from 1 to 10 which i have given for point A.

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bettina Bosse

RC (Right Click) on you are DC

In the u201CRemove from the Clientu201D One option is available. By using u201CRemove From Clientu201D you can delete DC From the NWDS

Regards

Vijay Kalluri