cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order creation: Material is not listed and therefore not allowed

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am getting the error Material is not listed and therefore not allowed while creating the sales order. What is the cause? Thanks

Nagarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

img-sd-basic functions-listing and exclusion--activate listing and exclusion by sales document type

T code OV04 check for your sales document type any listing and exclusion procedure is maintained?

If so remove and try

or alternatively

T code VB01 choose listing type A001 assign that material to that customer

Regards

Raja

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj for your help.

Yes as said by you, for the document type I see that there is a condition listing and exclusion is maintained for the order type. I was able to create the sale order few days back without any problems. Suddenly I am getting the error material not listed. What to check and where to look?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

As i said the listing and exclusion functionality has been activated for your sales doc type

Someone might have done that recently for any business requirements

You can remove the assignments in OV04 if you want

Or alternatively

As said in the other t code VB01/VB02 and VB03 you can choose the listing type A001 and list your material

and Make sure that this material is not in exclusion list

If the same material for same customer is maintained for both listing and exclusion then exclusion will have the preference

Regards

Raja

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got what you said. I saw the configuration and VBO3 for all combinations. The product is neither maintained in listing not in the exclusion, but still getting the error. Please let me know the procedure I can follow to find the error. Can I run some report to find out the error in sales order or other stand alone report to check the error?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried out by removing the listing the listing and exclusion assignment assigned to your sales order type in OV04

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: material 'X' is not listed and therefore its not allowed

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: " Material is not listed and therefore not allowed"

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: " Material is not listed and therefore not allowed"

Everyone in the above threads is asking you look at the areas which i have already told

Regards

Raja

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is the production issue, I am not allowed to change the config. In VB03 I have checked for exclusion, nothing is there. I have maintained the listing with respect to material, sold to, ship to, product hierarach (very first level)..... and all other combinations. Even after all the setup getting the same error message. Please help. I know it is a difficult question and thanks much for your help.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagarjun

You have closed this issue

Have you identified the problem?

Pls update us for our understanding]

Regards

Raja

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is not resolved, it is still there. I have removed ALL the listing / exclusion, still getting the same error. I didn't remove the customization for the order type. What else I can do apart from VB01/VB02?

Answers (0)