Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI: Rotate graphics from phrases on a template

john_hermans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are preparing a label layout (in WWI) that would require the graphic representation of symbols (T, F, Xi ...) to be printed rotated by 90 degrees.

Rotating text on a WWI-template is no problem, but the graphics keep coming out in the normal orientation.

We tried putting several variations of putting them in a textbox or a table-cell and then changing the orientation of the text in the textbox or table-cell, but nothing worked.

Do you know if/how we can print the graphics rotated?

Thanx.

Kind Regards,

John Hermans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John

My suggestion would be:

A graphic (file) is normally related to a phrase (as the symbols T, F etc.) in EH&S. Regarding this there exists a standard WWI symbol to print the graphic. It seems to be that you have used this technique and you received the non rotated graphic. The techniques you have used in WWI template do have no impact on graphics and how they are printed in WWI as far as I know.

Now this graphic file can have different "extensions". It could be a "Bitmap", "JPEG" etc. file. In principle using jpeg files etc. is much better in comparison to bmp files.

As WWI is based on standard Microsoft Word and in Word you can rotate a picture after loading it (either direct or loaded as an object; WWI is using these functions too) I would assume that something similar should be possible regarding your topic but sorry I have nether tried it. And in any case even if it would work you need to do something in your report template and I would assume you need a further generation variant to make sure that you will receive in one report the non rotated graphic and in the other the rotated graphic.

Potentially you can avoid this if you would use not a report symbol linked to the raw report but to the final report but this will require much work to be done.

I am pretty sure that there is nothing in OSS but I will check it.

Further suggestion:

You could create further phrases to which the still rotated picture/graphic is linked. The "problem" now is that you must prepare a further value instance in EH&S using the different phrase key having a differeent usage to select the "right" value instance regarding the report. This is clearly no good solution from the point of view of a user but would work (there is a high overhead in preparing a different generation variant, changing enhancing GLM scenarios etc.etc.)

With best regards

Christoph

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

john_hermans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Created new method as suggested by TechniData.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello J Hermans,

Can you share what is that new method so that I can also apply . I am not able to rotate graphics in wwi word because of the lock object .

M D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, i am too really interested in how you solved this! Methods are not possible in graphics and pushing to the stack is not possible for graphics.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mat

I am not sure on your statement (Methods are not possible in graphics and pushing to the stack is not possible for graphics.)

The proposed solution above: there was never any proposal to use "stack" (which is in my opion in this case not the right option) option

SAP EHS Onlinehelp is indicating this:

Method

You can use your own expansion methods. In this case, you need to specify a function module as a method.

Anmd this is what you need to do (in my opinion)

E.g. https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_SR_230_10_10

collects a lot uf useful solutions delivered by SAP

My understanding is "quite" simple: E.g. the graphic is assigned to a phrase. Using standard WWI technique you can retrieve the graphic and show it; the "trick" is now that you need some "parameter" to decide if you would like to use the graphic file "non rotated" in comparison with "rotated".

Here I believe that the only chance is to define this in the "WWI layout"; than means in WWI layout 1 you use the standard report symbol without special method  as you would like to get the "non rotated" graphic and in second WWI layout you assign the special function modue eso that the rotate graphic is display. Prerequisite is: both files must be available on any ! client locally and on any ! generation server.

The other method as proposed in different thread is to use a "second" phrase. The "issue" with this is, that from user perspective in CG02 you can not differentiate "easily" the phrases and any kind of rule set which might be night can get really complex

May be check these documentsas well:

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Christoph, thanks for your reply.

You see, the part that confuses me is making use of the method.

in second WWI layout you assign the special function modue eso that the rotate graphic is display

When i choose to ouput as a graphic, I cannot assign a method.

How to change symbol value at generation

Above only seems to work for phrases.

What i've also tried is pushing a symbol to the stack, changing the graphic file name. This however also doesn't seem to have any effect. It seems that the graphic is anyways read from the database and not the buffer.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mat

regarding:

What i've also tried is pushing a symbol to the stack, changing the graphic file name. This however also doesn't seem to have any effect. It seems that the graphic is anyways read from the database and not the buffer.

Can you elaborate your approach? The graphic is never ever read from data base or SAP buffer. The graphic is part of WWI installation (must be in folder "graphic" in most cases. The "trick" is therefore to "redefine" "file name" during WWi process) e.g. from "file.jpg" to "filerotated.jpg"; the WWI process shouly really be able to retrieve different file.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i posted my solution here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the graphics in the folder [ C:\ Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\wwi\graphics ] on local PC and check.

Rgds.

john_hermans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanx for your suggestions.

AFAIK OSS doesn't have anything on this topic indeed.

I got a suggestion from TechniData: create a new symbol method to pick up another graphic file based on the same phrase.

(Eg. Symbol_T.jpg is transformed by the method into Symbol_T_rot.jpg, and that file is picked up and used in the report).

We're looking into this.

Regards,

John

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John

in my opinion the suggestion of TechniData is a good solution regarding your topic and it will work so give it a try. Keep in mind that you need a good naming convention regarding file name so you can use one phrase with one graphic linked so the WWI process can select/find "on the fly" using the new method the rotated graphic file.

There is only one topic which you should keep in mind (I have missed to write this in my last reply but I assume you know the issue)

Depending on the SAP release you are using you have a local WWI installation on the client. The new graphic file retrieved by the method should be in place in the corresponding local directory so that the "report from templlate" process is supported. If you use release like ECC 6.0 Enh3 and higher you have the option to use a WWI server park to support the local WWI process and WWI and the graphic files need not to be distributed any more to the client but have to be installed on the WWI server park

With best regards and good succes in using the solution

Christoph