SAP Technology / SAP - ALE Converters (CA-ALE)
The integration technology Application Link Enabling (ALE) supports using external converters to connect SAP NetWeaver to non-SAP systems. External converters are generic-format conversion programs. The following converter functions are covered by CA-ALE:
- Transferring SAP NetWeaver intermediate document (IDoc) formats into a third-party repository so that the data descriptions can be used as source or target structures when assigning data fields
- Adopting and converting IDocs from SAPNetWeaver via CA-ALE and calling up a normal transaction via a remote function call (transaction RFC)
- Converting any data format into IDoc structures and importing them into SAP NetWeaver via a tRFC in CA-ALE
The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) highly recommends that ISVs and partners, who are interested in certifying an integration of their product with SAP solutions, begin with our page Getting Started with Integration and Certification that explains the SAP ICC services and describes the process how to obtain them. This page helps you select the correct integration scenario and contains technical information, streaming media presentations, step-by-step guides, and much more.
The below release version are available for certification
|SAP Application Server Release||SAP NetWeaver Release||SAP NetWeaver Release|
SAP CA-ALE was introduced as a certifiable release earlier.There were no changes to CA-ALE in this release.
For more information, see:
- ALE Converters for SAP, ALE Message Handlers - Integration Scenarios
- Transactional RFC Technical Description
- IDOC Interface / ALE Technical Description
Test System Recommendation from ICC
The quickest way to gain access to an SAP system suitable for integration testing is via the SAP Remote Access and Connectivity Service (SAP RAC), which provides access to shared and exclusive-use hosted test systems.
Read SAP ICC consultant Martin Vierling's blog about Integrating to SAP Solutions - Test System Opportunities for independent Software Vendors, where you can find the options of hosted SAP Test Systems and recommendations, if the hosted test system option is suitable for your certification.
10,000 Euros per Certification (Euro currency applicable to all countries).
Benefits of Certification
Customers using SAP-certified solutions in their SAP environment, as well as the ISVs and partners offering these, experience great benefits such as shorter implementation times, technical enablement, and marketing assets that certification provides. Please visit the 'Certification Benefits overview page' for more information.
This is the central homepage for SAP NetWeaver capabilities on SDN.
Please refer to SAP Education.