SAP NetWeaver AS - Deployment on 64 Bit SAP NetWeaver (CE) 7.1 Application Server Java™ EE 5 Edition (JAVA-EE-STD and JAVA-EE-ADV) - SAP Solution Manager (SolMan) Ready!
The JAVA-EE-STD and JAVA-EE-ADV integration scenario will no longer be available for certification. Existing certifications will remain valid until they expire after 3 years. Please contact SAP ICC for more information.
During certification, SAP verifies that J2EE 1.4 / EE 5 specification compliant applications from independent software vendors can be deployed and run on the J2EE / EE 5 engine of the SAP NetWeaver (CE) 7.1 Java Application Server - itself a fully J2EE / EE 5 compliant web application server. SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) 7.1 is a platform that enables building and running applications based on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
Deployment is regarded as the process of installing a J2EE 1.4 / EE 5 application in the form of an EAR file (Enterprise Application Archive file) on the SAP NetWeaver (CE) Java Application Server following deployment guidlines. For the 64 Bit SAP NetWeaver (CE) 7.1 Application Server JavaTM EE 5 Edition the deployment must be conducted with a so called SCA file, ensuring that the successfully deployed software product which is equivalent to exactly one software component is SAP Solution Manager Ready ready. The successful deployment of the SCA file according to certification guidelines, followed by a functional test of the application itself, leads to SAP integration certification.
For certification purposes, ISV's need to have an in-house SAP NetWeaver (CE) 7.1 Java Application Server installed. At least "one" SAP NetWeaver developer licence must be purchased by the independent software vendor in order to meet SAP support requirements.
The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) highly recommends that ISVs and partners, who are interested in certifying an integration of their product with SAP solutions, begin with our page Getting Started with Integration and Certification that explains the SAP ICC services and describes the process how to obtain them.
This page helps you select the correct integration scenario and contains technical information, streaming media presentations, step-by-step guides, and much more.
- Do you want to learn more about this certification? -> What is it and how do you do it.
- How to identify the appropriate certification? Please read this article which covers the differences between our two tier J2EE / EE 5 certification offerings (J2EE-DEP 7.0 / J2EE - STD 7.0 and JAVA-EE-ADV 7.1 / JAVA-EE-STD 7.1)
To request integration certification right away, please fill in our online form.
SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 Application Server Java EE 5 Edition
A new certification based on J2EE 1.4 / EE 5 specification is now available (in addition to the existing J2EE 1.2 / 1.3-specification-based certifications). The certification offering based on SAP NetWeaver (CE) 7.1 has two certification scenarios which address two different levels of certification quality and harmonization.
- JAVA-EE-STD 7.1 is an entry deployment certification verifying basic criteria.
- JAVA-EE-ADV 7.1 is a high level deployment certification that takes into account special capabilities of SAP NetWeaver (CE) 7.1 in addition to what is already contained within the JAVA-EE-STD 7.1 certification scenario.
For more details on both scenarios, please refer to the Documentation and Test Catalog.
In addition to the technical interface specifications, please also refer to the applicable SAP Solution Manager Ready integration criteria.
Test System Recommendation from ICC
To certify on SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 ISVs are required to have at least "one" SAP NetWeaver Development license (ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/icc/java_ee5_nw_ce_71/Obtaining_a_SAP_NetWeaver_License.pdf).
Description about available test system options:
Read SAP ICC consultant Martin Vierling's blog about Integrating to SAP Solutions - Test System Opportunities for independent Software Vendors, where you can find the options of hosted SAP Test Systems and recommendations, if the hosted test system option is suitable for your certification.
JAVA-EE-STD 7.1 (Standard): 5,000 Euro Per Certification (Euro currency applicable to all countries).
JAVA-EE-ADV 7.1 (Advanced): 5,000 Euro Per Certification (Euro currency applicable to all countries).
To understand all services and benefits included in this fee, please refer to the Getting Started Page.
Benefits of Certification
Customers using SAP-certified solutions in their SAP environment, as well as the ISVs and partners offering these, experience great benefits such as shorter implementation times, technical enablement, and marketing assets that certification provides.
Please visit Certification Benefits overview page for more information.
- After successful certification testing the ISV solution can be advertised with the following logo:
- This Certification Scenario is "SAP Solution Manager Ready".
- Platform User License is available for this scenario.
- Java Administration with SAP NetWeaver Administrator 7.1
- Java Development
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
- Getting Started with SAP NetWeaver Application Server, Java EE 5 Edition
- Java EE 5 Development, Deployment, and Administration
- SAP NetWeaver Developer´s Guide 7.1
- Migration Plug-in for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
- Integrating Third-Party Logging Frameworks into SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
- Java EE 5 Development - Java EE 5 FAQ
- Composite Applications
- Article " Looking for an Easy-to-Use, Low Cost and Flexible Test Environment for SAP Solutions - Part 1
- SAP NetWeaver Enhancement for the Eclipse Memory Analyzer
SAP Training and Help:
Please refer to SAP Education.
Please note these classes may cover topics not directly related to this interface certification.
Please search for following terms: J2EE, EE 5, SAP JVM, Web Dynpro, JDI, Java, System Administration.
ICC Webinar: You are invited to join our introductory webinars - hosted by the SAP Integration and Certification Center in regular intervals. For a schedule and recordings got to the page "SAP Integration and Certification Webinar Series".
Apply for ICC Services right away - please fill in the SAP ICC online application form.
SAP Application Development partner directory: The certified solution is listed in our SAP Application Development partner directory.