Mobile Client Technology 5.0
In this area you find information on important topics of Mobile Client Technology 5.0. This 5.0 release is also referred to as “Mobile .NET Client” because it is based on the latest Microsoft .NET technology. This means that the runtime frameworks (BOL and UIL) have been ported to the Microsoft .NET framework and the development environment, the Mobile Application Studio (MAS), has been integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. Framework and application code have been migrated to Microsoft Visual Basic (VB) .NET. A Code Migration Tool (CMT) is provided to support migration of custom code from VBA to VB.NET.
Mobile .NET Client will be shipped for Ramp-Up customers with CRM 5.0 SP02 and comes with some limitations (please refer to note 877707 for more details).
System Architecture & Framework Technology
- Release Notes 5.0: SAP Service Marketplace
- mySAP Solutions -> mySAP Customer Relationship Management (mySAP CRM)
- Mobile Client Technology - Online Help (5.0)
- mySAP CRM -> Data Exchange and Mobile Technologies -> CRM Mobile Technology
- Operating and Customizing Field Applications
- This document gives you an overview of the whole Mobile technology used by CRM field applications, including Mobile .NET Client and CRM Middleware.
Mobile Application Studio & Mobile Application Repository
- Mobile .NET Client – Detailed View
- This presentation with notes offers even more detail about the Mobile .NET Client technology. It is recommended as supplementary reading to the presentation "Operating and Customizing Field Applications in SAP CRM"
- Mobile Application Studio - Online Help (5.0)
- Translation Tool - Online Help (5.0)
Installation, Upgrade & Software Logistics
- Information on SAP Service Marketplace (Quick Link: /instguides)
- mySAP Business Suite Solutions -> mySAP CRM -> mySAP CRM 2005 -> CRM Mobile (Laptop)
- Post-Migration Troubleshooting Guide ( SMP Login Required )
- Code Migration Tool - Documentation available as part of the Upgrade Guide ( SMP Login Required )
- Mobile Upgrade Console - Online Help 5.0
- CRM Mobile Client Component - Upgrade to Release 5.0
- This document desires the upgrade mechanism for CRM Mobile Clinet Component 5.0
- Available only with SP03: Central Software Deployment Tool - Online Help 5.0
The following description explains how to setup the training/demo environment for SAP CRM Mobile .NET Client and the installation of the training/demo Mobile Application Repository (MAR)
Mobile System Maintenance
Authorization Management Tool
- Performance Modeling Guide
- This document is intended to help developers understand the critical areas that directly or indirectly affect performance of the application.