ANN: SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 9 available for download
SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 9 is now available for download.
Enhancements and New Features
- Support for New OS Versions:
- Fedora 24
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- DropDown Listbox:
- Showing the keys on individual dropDown listboxes via Screen-Painter property independently from the local user settings is supported now.
- Calendar Control:
- The default date selection has not been reported to the backend.
- Setting the selected date in the past outside the visible time interval resulted in an exception.
- Table Control:
- In some cases, incorrect column widths have been reported to the backend, which could cause layout issues.
- Radio Buttons:
- Radio buttons belonging to one group sometimes were behaving like being part of different groups.
- Html Control:
- Values of toggle buttons in Html forms changed by the user has not been reported correctly in case of using PostDATA.
- Deciding on the encoding of the Html content now is left to the Html rendering engine instead of overwriting with a potentially wrong encoding set by the communication layer.
- Desktop Integration:
- The mechanism to choose the appropriate external application to display data received from the backend via Data Provider has been improved.
- Enhanced Search:
- Editing the search string always used the insert mode, even when overwrite mode was active otherwise.
- Display of PDF based Content:
- A new version of the component to display PDFs fixes an issue related to saving the PDF to a local file.
- Linux only: The mechanism to generate the list of available fonts has been extended to search in more locations to prevent empty or incomplete documents to be displayed because of lacking fonts.
- Shortcut file:
- After opening a connection from a shortcut file including an SSO token, the file is now deleted. Before, old shortcut files no longer working piled up on the file system.
- Opening a connection from a shortcut file sometimes resulted in an inconsistent session state.
- The dialog to change the trust level of a system failed to persist the chosen value in some languages.
- OS X only:
- A problem was fixed related to choosing the latest Java runtime on application launch.
For details please refer to the manual (chapter "6.2 Release Notes and System Requirements" and "2. Installation") of the PlatinManual and SAP note 2059424.
Please use the latest Java 8 update, because some known issues in older versions related to the Html control component have been addressed.
For migrating your landscape configuration, please refer to the SAP UI Landscape Configuration Guide.
P.S. For feedback and questions, please post a new thread.
In case you want to report an issue, preferably create a support message on component BC-FES-JAV.