The Price Lists view on the Product and Service Portfolio tab enables you to determine the list price in sales and service documents.
Depending on your configuration, you can create and maintain base price lists, distribution chain-specific price lists, and customer-specific price lists. It is recommended to create/have at least a base price list for the products and services that you sell to customers.
Scope for pricing:
- Go to business configuration work center.
- Choose view implementation projects.
- Edit project scope
- Navigate to the questions tab
- Under General Business Data view choose product and service pricing
- Select sales price and Discounts list.
The sales price List and Discount List business topic allows you to maintain:
- Price lists for base prices, distribution chain dependent prices, and customer specific prices.
- Discount list for customer specific products, general customer discounts, overall customer discounts, and customer specific discount product categories.
The sales price list and discount lists will be used to calculate prices for sales documents in C4C, such as, opp, sales quotes, sales orders, service orders.
Price Lists Categories in Products work center:
Depends on the selection in the Business Configuration, the selected price list categories will be visible in the Price List view.
You can add or remove the price list categories by adapting the BC question as shown in the screen below.
Key Messages on Price Lists:
- Name: give a name to the price list
- Currency: select a valid currency in the value help
- Valid from/to date:
- For unlimited value, enter unlimited in the Valid To field.
- Only one released base price list can exist at a time. Therefore, if you have a new product price, you must update the current base price list with a new item for the new product price.
Without maintaining the items, you can release the price list. But in order to make the price list useful, you need to maintain the pricing for items.
- Add Items: You can use Add Row or Add Multiple Item
- Change Items: To change multiple prices by the same fixed amount or percentage, click Mass Change and follow the steps in the change prices wizard.
- Scales: To make the price per unit dependent on the amount purchased, select the relevant item and add rows to the Scales table. For each row, enter the number of units in the From column and the price in the Amount column. We recommend that you define at least one scale from 0 units, as this will be the base price. Normally, you define scales in descending order; for example, you could define one scale at 100 USD from 0 units, another at 95 USD from 50 units, and a third at 90 USD from 50 units.
Finally, click Release button to make the price list available for use in system.
Pricing Determination Rule:
To determine the net list price, the system checks all price lists that fit the parameters passed from the sales or service document.
These parameters are customer, customer group, distribution chain, and date.
Price components such as list price, product discount, tax, or surcharge are placed in a certain order for the price calculation.
The price strategy defines the steps involved in the price calculation.The order of these price components is essential for the calculation of the total value.
To check the price components please fallow the path.
- Business Configuration.
- Implementation Projects
- Open Activity List
- Open activity Configure Price Strategy.