My Inbox - Troubleshooting / FAQ
If you are facing issues setting up or using My Inbox, this document can help you.
Frequently, issues faced in My Inbox are due to missing or incorrect configurations or improper set-up of SAP Gateway and backend systems. In case of any issues, it is advised to check the browser console and the SAP Gateway error logs. Mostly, the error mentioned could help solve the issue.
How to view error details in browser console
- In the browser, press F12 key to open browser developer tool
- Click on tab ‘Console’ to view the error details
- If error in browser console is not helpful and a URL is mentioned as part of the error
a. Click on the URL, which opens the tab ‘Network’
b. Click on the highlighted URL marked in red, which displays preview of the error in the newly displayed right pane
c. Expand the displayed error nodes to view the error message
How to access SAP Gateway error logs
- Login to SAP Gateway system
- Go to transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG
- Double-click relevant entry based on timestamp and user to view details in the bottom pane
Some of the common issues and the solutions are mentioned as follows.
1. SAP Fiori Launchpad does not display any content
Detection Activity: On launching SAP Fiori Launchpad, following symptoms occur.
- No content is displayed or
- Popup with error ‘Failure - Unable to load groups’ is displayed
2. No catalogs found in SAP Fiori Launchpad
Detection Activity: On editing Home Page within SAP Fiori Launchpad and clicking on ‘+’ button to add a Fiori app, no catalog or apps are displayed. Message ‘No catalogs found’ is displayed in the page.
Solution: Assign My Inbox specific roles 'SAP_FND_BCR_MANAGER_T' and 'SAP_FND_TCR_T' to the user in the frontend system. In case these roles are not available, configure roles for tile catalogs as mentioned here with catalogs 'SAP_FND_BC_MANAGER_T' and 'SAP_FND_TC_T'.
3. No tasks are displayed in My Inbox
There could be several reasons to this.
3.1. Software component IW_PGW is not installed
Error ‘No service found for namespace /IWPGW/, name TASKPROCESSING, version 0002’ is seen in SAP Gateway error log
Software component ‘IW_PGW’ is not displayed within list displayed by accessing menu item ‘System’ -> ‘Status’ -> ‘Product Version Details’ (button below ‘Product Version’ field) for SAP_BASIS 750 and lower versions
Solution: Install IW_PGW 100 in relevant SAP Gateway system based on compatibility matrix mentioned within SAP note 1942072
3.2. Task Gateway service (/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING) is not active
Detection Activity: Error ‘No service found for namespace /IWPGW/, name TASKPROCESSING, version 0002’ is raised in SAP Gateway error log
Solution: Activate Task Gateway service based on steps mentioned at Task Gateway Service Configuration - SAP Gateway - SAP Library
3.3. No authorization to access Task Gateway Service
- My Inbox app is displayed with text ‘Error’ instead of the task count
- Error “No authorization to access Service 'ZTASKPROCESSING_0002’” is raised in SAP Gateway error log
Solution: Assign user with role based on role template '/IWPGW/RT_WF_USR'. Ensure that authorization object 'S_SERVICE' is maintained with object type ‘IWSG’ and name ‘ZTASKPROCESSING_0002’. Further details on creating role based on template and assigning roles are mentioned here.
3.4. Incorrect system alias is used or incorrect software version is maintained within system alias
- Error ‘Data Provider implementation 'ZTM_TGW_SVC_MODEL_0002_BE' '01' 'DEFAULT' does not exist’ is seen in SAP Gateway error log
- No inheritance hierarchy defined for model 'ZTM_TGW_SVC_MODEL_0002_BE'
Solution: Create new system alias or update existing system alias as mentioned in Creating a System Alias - SAP Gateway - SAP Library. Ensure that relevant software version is used – for example, if SAP Business Workflow tasks are expected, then use ‘/IWPGW/BWF’. Create additional system aliases, if required, as mentioned at Adding Additional System Aliases - SAP Gateway - SAP Library .
3.5. Data provider is not assigned to Task Gateway model
- Error ‘Data Provider implementation 'ZTM_TGW_SVC_MODEL_0002_BE' '01' '/IWPGW/BWF' does not exist’ is seen in SAP Gateway error log
- System alias is maintained correctly
Solution: Assign data provider to Task Gateway mode as mentioned at Assigning a Software Version to Service - SAP Gateway - SAP Library
3.6. Improper setup of SAP Gateway or backend systems
Solution: Ensure all relevant SAP notes mentioned within Release Information Note for My Inbox are applied to relevant systems. For My Inbox 1.0, refer to SAP note 2106212. For My Inbox 2.0, refer to SAP note 2221151.
4. Cannot open My Inbox app
Detection Activity: Clicking ‘My Inbox – All Items’ app displays error ‘Could not open app. Try again later.’
Solution: Check the Gateway error log based on user and time stamp. In case there is no relevant entry, check the authorizations assigned to the user. Ensure that roles SAP_FND_BCR_MANAGER_T and SAP_FND_TCR_T are assigned to the user in the frontend system. In case these roles are not available, configure roles for tile catalogs as mentioned here with catalogs SAP_FND_BC_MANAGER_T and SAP_FND_TC_T.
5. Incorrect translation for user decision text
Detection Activity: User decision text is always displayed in one language, irrespective of the login language., For example, approve action is displayed in English even though user has logged in Greek.
- Login to SAP Gateway system
- Go to transaction SM59
- Click on button 'Search'
- Enter relevant RFC destination and then enter '3' in field 'Connection Type'
- Click on button 'Start Search'
- Double-click the relevant entry
- Go to tab 'Logon & Security'
- Maintain empty value in field 'Language'
6. Attachments cannot be uploaded
- Go to transaction /IWFND/VIRUS_SCAN
- Ensure field 'Virus Scan Profile' is empty
- Set flag 'Virus Scan Switched Off'
- Click on button 'Execute' or press F8 key
7. Deletion of attachment is not possible
- Deletion of only own attachment is possible, whether created in Fiori or in backend – deletion is disabled for attachments created by other users and this is done for security reasons
- Attachment in workflow container is technically different from attachment on application business object. Only attachments in workflow container are displayed in My Inbox
8. Custom attributes are not displayed
Detection Activity: Expected task context information maintained within the work item container is not displayed, either
- along with task description in the information tab of the detail pane OR
- in the list view/pane
Solution: Implement SAP note 2323669.
9. Error in My Inbox after upgrade of component IW_PGW
Solution: Ensure that software components in SAP Gateway and backend systems are compatible as mentioned in SAP note 1942072.
10. How to create custom data provider for Task Gateway service
Solution: Refer to How to create a custom data provider for Task Gateway
11. Other issues
In case of issues that are not mentioned here, consider the following points.
- Ensure that all relevant SAP notes mentioned within Release Information Note for My Inbox are applied to relevant systems. For My Inbox 1.0, refer to SAP note 2106212. For My Inbox 2.0, refer to SAP note 2221151
- Ensure that SAP Gateway and backend systems have compatible software components based on compatibility matrix mentioned within SAP note 1942072
- For My Inbox related issues, raise a ticket to component CA-INB-FIO
- For Task Gateway service related issues, raise a ticket to component OPU-BSC-TGW