ANN: SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 8 early access program (closed)
Update: As we are approaching the shipment of the final version, we are closing this program.
In the course of preparing the upcoming shipment of the SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 8, we want to offer an early access version.
For the case you plan to deploy a new version of the SAP GUI for Java in the near future, we want to give you the possibility to have a look at the new version before the official shipment. With this, you can to report issues you might find which can be hopefully addressed in time before the official release.
The early access version has already been tested following our official test plans, but the tests have not been completed yet on all platforms. Therefore it should not be used for production.
There is no public download available for this prerelease, but you can request access to this early access version by creating a support incident on BC-FES-JAV with the title "SAP GUI for Java early access request". The description should contain
"Referring to the announcement of the SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 8 early access program on http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-73031, we are requesting access to the download URL of this version. This request should be handled by Development Support."
The time slot for this early access program is the next two weeks, the intention is to have the final version ready in early June.
Due to the incident based procedure, we have to limit the number of seats to make sure our support channels still can handle their regular work.
So the requests are handled on a first come, first serve basis, and there will be a subsequent announcement, when we will no longer take requests.
Release 7.40 rev 7.5 (May 11, 2016)
Enhancements and New Features
- Support for New OS Versions:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Logon Langauge:
- When specifying a language in a connection, now this parameter gets handled immediately when opening the connection instead of later as part of the logon screen. This way, also the logon screen is displayed in the requested language and setting the language also works in cases, when the logon screen is automatically skipped.
- Enhanced Search:
- When editing the search string and hitting return, in special cases an endless loop caused the process to hang.
- Grid Control:
- Grouping cells could result in wrong content to be displayed.
- The undo of inserting a new row could cause an ABAP dump.
- Adding a new row in an empty grid could cause an ABAP dump.
- Icons sometimes have been displayed in adjacent cells with hidden text.
- Html Control:
- An issue with the encoding of POST data has been solved.
- Desktop Integration:
- URLs already encoded have been encoded again. This has caused displaying URLs in an external browser in those cases to fail.