SAP Lumira Connector to YaaS
YaaS is a cloud platform that allows everyone to easily develop, extend and sell services and applications. YaaS exposes REST Based API’s with OAuth 2.0 authorization.
SAP Lumira supports consumption of different data sources to create data sets but does not support REST based web services with OAuth 2.0 functionality. YaaS exposes its web services which are REST based. The extension gives the users the option to conveniently access YaaS APIs within SAP Lumira. This extension is built with the version 2 Lumira Data Access Extension SDK.
Figure 1: Overall Architecture
Installing SAP Lumira Data Access Extension
- Start the SAP Lumira Desktop Application and Navigate to File Extensions (the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-J) to open the Extension Manager Dialog box.
Figure 2: Installation
- Click the Manual Installation button located at the lower right of the Extension Manager dialog box.
Figure 3: Installation of Extension
- From the Open file dialog box, navigate to the extension file .zip and double-click it, or click the Open button.
- Verify the extension is listed in the Extension, click the Close button at the top right of the dialog box, and restart SAP Lumira.
Figure 4: Verification of Installation
Uninstalling SAP Lumira Data Access Extension
- In SAP Lumira, open File Extensions (the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-J) to open the Extension Manager Dialog box.
- Identify the data access extension to remove, and click the Trash icon, and click OK to confirm.
- Click the Close button at the top right of the Extension Manager Dialog box. The confirmation message displays: "Successful Uninstallation: Restart required.
- Restart SAP Lumira, and check the Extension Manager to verify the removal.
Using the SAP Lumira Data Access Extension
- In SAP Lumira, open File New Navigate to the ‘YaaS Analytics’ and Click Next
- Fill in the Login Details
Figure 5: Login Page
|Username||Yes||YaaS login credentials. Usually email address|
|Password||Yes||YaaS login password|
- Enter the YaaS Configuration and Lumira Dataset Details.
Figure 6: Details Page
|Dataset Name||Yes||Name of the data set being created|
|Package||No||YaaS Package is a bundle of services in the project/site|
|URL||Yes||Corresponds to the YaaS API resource from which the data is being requested|
|Client Id||Yes||Publicly exposed string that is used by the service API to identify the application, and is also used to build authorization URLs|
|Scope||Yes||Permission setting that specifies access to resources and methods in a service.|
- In the Advanced button you can enter additional Header and Query Parameters.
- Clicking on Test will validate the data entered before the data acquisition.
- Click on Next to start the data acquisition.
- Start Preparing your data and Visualization.