SAP S/4HANA Cookbook
The SAP S/4HANA Cookbook covers the most important aspects of implementing SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA (SAP S/4HANA).
It consists of a small set of HTML landing pages that provide abstracts for specific topics, along with links to further deep-dive information.
The content on these pages follows an iterative approach and will be updated regularly.
Comments are disabled on this page to keep it lean.
Please use the SAP S/4HANA forum to raise questions about SAP S/4HANA.
For comments regarding the cookbook itself, please use the accompanying blog.
Table of Contents
1. What is SAP S/4HANA
- Read this page to get an overview of SAP S/4HANA, current releases and capabilities, transition paths, ...
2. SAP S/4HANA Finance, On-Premise 1605: Implementation Information
- This first on-premise version of SAP S/4HANA was released in March 2015. Since this version currently has the highest implementation figures, there is a separate page on it in the cookbook.
3. Implementing SAP S/4HANA with SAP Activate (this page)
This page gives an overview of the accelerators consolidated in SAP Activate that help SAP partners and customers throughout the different phases of SAP S/4HANA implementation projects:
- SAP Activate: Overview
- End-to-End Customer Experience
Note: For access to SAP Notes and roadmap information, an 'S-user' is required (see here).
SAP Activate: Overview
|Context & Summary||Read on|
Getting Started with SAP Activate
SAP S/4HANA, the next-generation business suite is addressing the impact of complexity that enterprises are struggling with and is designed to help them run simple.
An area where customers dramatically experience this complexity is the initial implementation.
Getting started quickly with brand new innovations like SAP S/4HANA might sound difficult, but this is where SAP Activate comes into place.
SAP Activate expedites SAP S/4HANA implementations throughout the customer lifecycle by offering ready-to-run digitized business and technology processes, guided configuration and next-generation methodology.
SAP Activate builds on accelerators like SAP Best Practices that help customers get up and running quickly with pre-configured best practice scenarios and functionalities, followed up with continuous updates as new enhancements become available.
SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA are integrated with other SAP cloud solutions, such as SuccessFactors Employee Central or Ariba Network, bringing guidance for all transition options. (for more info, check the SAP S/4HANA: Transition Options section in the Cookbook).
The knowledge and accelerators consolidated in SAP Activate help SAP partners and customers to be well-positioned to adopt new innovations faster than ever before
The following assets will guide you through SAP Activate helping you make the best and leverage all the accelerators available to make your SAP S/4HANA implementation project a success:
SAP Activate on SAP.com
SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA
SAP Activate Solution Brief
SAP Activate Overview
SAP S/4HANA Roadmap
The SAP Activate methodology replaces ASAP as SAP’s implementation methodology for SAP S/4HANA and all other SAP solutions. There are generic / general variants of the methodology that are not software solution specific and there are solution specific variants e.g. the SAP S/4HANA roadmap. The methodology content is organized into a three level hierarchy: phases, deliverables and tasks. Each node in the hierarchy has a description that provides SAP’s advice and guidance. Each node also links to documentation accelerators that may be generic e.g. an open issues template or solution specific e.g. administration guide for SAP S/4HANA on-premise.
Implement S/4HANA with SAP Best Practices Reference Guide
The reference guide describes how SAP Activate, SAP Best Practices and SAP Solution Manager 7.2 are used together to implement SAP S/4HANA on-premise or hybrid projects. It provides detailed technical information based on what is possible with the current releases of software. It provides granular knowledge for administrators of SAP Solution Manager 7.2, SAP Best Practices and the SAP S/4HANA systems. Administrators might use content from this guide to brief project team members and some sections can be used by project team members directly. It provides a recommended sequence of tasks organized into the SAP Activate phases. It also includes annotated demonstrations that walk you through some of the key steps in the tools.
SAP Activate project phases:
This ‘’Discover’’ phase will help you consider and experience SAP S/4HANA before starting a project to implement SAP S/4HANA.
- Experience SAP S/4HANA with the preconfigured SAP Best Practices based Cloud and On-premise trials.
Cloud and On-premise trials.
- Explore SAP S/4HANA, on-premise with a 30 days trial and evaluate digitized business processes such as order-to-cash or procure-to-pay across your key enterprise functions.
SAP S/4HANA, on-premise trial
See first hand how the personalized user experience allows instant insight-to-action from any device to drive on the fly business decisions and immediate execution
- Access the SAP Activate Use Cases ans Project Recommendations to learn what is the recommended approach to deploy SAP S/4HANA with SAP Activate and what are the covered use cases.
Read this asset that asset outlines recommendations for decision support on the implementation approach for
S/4HANA on-premise installations using SAP Best Practices content for:
- Initial configuration
- Adoption of new content
Secondly, this document discusses manual processes and recommendations for Content Lifecycle Management for SAP S/4HANA 1511 FPS01 and higher.
SAP Activate Use Cases and Project Recommendations
Recommendations for Use of SAP Best Practices Content
Find out what are the options to implement SAP S/4HANA, see how you can getting started with SAP Best Practices, how you can activate SAP Best Practices with SAP Solution Builder and how to get started with the SAP Solution Manager 7.2.
- Listen to the Introducing SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA, on-premise
- access the SAP Best Practices documentation on the SAP Service Marketplace
- find information about SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA, on-premise
- use scope items
- find step-by-step documentation about using the software
- use the documentation for testing your software
Introducing SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA, on-premise
- Listen to the Activation of SAP Best Practices with SAP Solution Builder recording to learn how to:
- import reference content
- create a customer solution
- scope the customer solution
- activate the customer solution automatically
Activation of SAP Best Practices with SAP Solution Builder
- Access the Getting Started with SAP Activate and SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and find out how to load SAP Best Practices into customer Solution Manager instance, adjust and manage change projects
Implementing S/4HANA on-premise with SAP Best Practices Using SAP Activate and SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Read the Licenses dependencies for SAP S/4HANA Best Practices to get an upfront overview of what software licenses requirements exist for usage of the SAP Best Practices for S/4HANA on-premise.
Licenses dependencies for SAP S/4HANA Best Practices
- Take a look at the Get started with S/4HANA Appliance to see how to accelerate your on-premise project with a ready-to-activate software appliance with software components already installed.
Find out useful information and tips on topics like how to setup the S/4HANA appliance, how to access the SAP CAL (cloud appliance library), how to setup of the initial system or how to setup users.
Get started with S/4HANA Appliance
SAP S/4HANA offers a wide range of how fast and individual the solution can be implemented especially in a new implementation project.
On-premise customers set the focus on a better control and flexibility for individualized processes, the scope evaluation starting with FIT/GAP analyses.
This represents the most efficient and fastest scope validation and replaces blueprints of traditional projects.
- Access How to approach Fit/Gap Analysis (on-premise) to get a detailed approach of conducting a fit/gap analysis from preparing the environment for Fit/Gap to validating the solution, conducting Delta Design Workshops and preparing the Release and Sprint plan.
How to approach Fit/Gap Analysis (on-premise)
While in the "Explore" phase the scope of the project has been determined and finalized, the "Realize"-phase focuses on the transfer of business requirements to a working configuration of the system. This includes not just the pure configuration of the system, but also the realization of identified integrations scenarios and the migration of data.
- The System Conversion for Logistics and Finance gives an overview of the SAP Best Practices for Migration to SAP S/4HANA that provide existing SAP customers who are looking to benefit from the SAP S/4HANA innovations with proven migration methods and technology reducing risk in critical projects.
System Conversion for Logistics and Finance
- Access the Integration Capabilities of SAP S/4HANA to SAP Cloud Solutions for an overview of what you need to know when it comes to SAP S/4HANA integration.
Integration Capabilities of SAP S/4HANA to SAP Cloud Solutions
- Access the Reference Guide How to localize with SAP Best Practices SAP S/4HANA, on premise 1511 FPS 01 to find out how to carry out country localizations by leveraging SAP Best Practices.
- Find out how to carry out the customizing activities in the transaction SPRO (implementation guide IMG) for special legislations and business practices.
- This document provides you with the following information about localizations: New features of SAP Best Practices, Scope coverage of SAP Best Practices, Localization objects per Business Priority
|How to localize with SAP Best Practices SAP S/4HANA|
If you want to find out more about how SAP can help you through your implementation journey of SAP S/4HANA, please see these pages:
Comments are disabled on this page. Please use the forum to raise questions, comments, or ideas.